Maractite and Polka Dot Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Maractite and Polka Dot Lenny

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "The name's Flynn."
Image "I've got a lovely bunch of polka dots..."

And for larger:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Maractite and Polka Dot Lenny

Post by thelonetiel »

Polka dot! I like it! I mean, I think i'll slowly grow to hate it when the dots are consistently pasted on with no regard to body contours. Really, who would've thought that Checkered would've worked as a color without body contouring? But it is colorful and cute and I look forward to seeing how color combinations work.

Maracite is lovely. It harkens back to the Hissi and others that have delicate painted glowing swirls, not gloppy paste on gel markings.
nebudelic

Post by nebudelic »

The polkadot Lenny reminds me of wonder bread c:
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Polkadot is a fun concept for a colourfill. The legs being different colours is a little odd, though, I'm not sure that works.

Maractite is pretty, the pattern a little sparse in the middle of the upheld wing possibly.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What's with the polka dot's legs? They're just different enough to be weird and not different enough to be on purpose. That is to say, it looks accidental.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The legs are the two different yellow colors in the dots, and the eyes are two different blues in the dots. It's kinda cute, but it's definitely not my thing.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Polkadot (Color): I've always wished rainbow pets had white bases, and now I got that wish! Hopefully the quality won't drop as more pets are released, as there's no way this color will work if they don't pay attention to the body's contours.

One thing that might be nice to see in the future would be to make the dots different sizes in order to give the color a bit more variety. I can't imagine this is a color that would change from pet to pet, so getting some other differences in there would be good.

Polkadot (Lenny): I never realized how nice the shading on Lennies were before this! I think it's the fact that the shading is lighter here and the lineart is colored that's making it look like it has a lot of depth. The dots are well placed and the multi-colored tail tips are super cute. I do agree about the legs and eyes though - while the idea's nice, it really does just come across as a coloring mistake.

Maractite: This is back to the thinner lines that I always liked. The pattern on the body works really well, particularly the feather tips, and it certainly does look shiny. I wish they had edited the facial markings, though - between that and the fact that the eyebrows are obscured, it looks like it's planning something nasty.