Woodland and Sketch Krawk

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Woodland and Sketch Krawk

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "Woodn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?"
Image "If you ask me, this whole operation is getting a bit sketchy."

Larger:
ImageImage
Last edited by Nogitsune on 17 Apr 2015 01:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Woodland and ? Krawk

Post by AngharadTy »

It's like an adventure! Tune in next week to see if they've figured out how to run the site!
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Spoiler: they haven't, and they won't.

:(
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

AngharadTy wrote:It's like an adventure! Tune in next week to see if they've figured out how to run the site!
There's a reason that it was a really bad idea to lay off almost the entire staff that's been there for the entire history of the site at the same time without having anyone trained to replace them.
Madge wrote:Spoiler: they haven't, and they won't.

:(
What I really don't get, though, is that they did manage it for the Polka Dot Tonu and the Woodland and Eventide Scorchios - so someone obviously knows how to do it. Why they aren't constantly doing it I wish I knew!
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I dunno, in my office it is a pretty common occurrence to show someone how to do something ("First you open up X, then make these series of selections, then you upload Z, and make sure you select these options, and then you..."), and they are able to do it once and promptly forget how it works.

See also: It's a bad idea to lay off almost the entire staff without having anyone trained to replace them.
Madge

Re: Woodland and Sketch Krawk

Post by Madge »

I was expecting a new colour or something since they made us wait, but no, it's sketch. Wow.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Woodland: The shading and textures on this are really nice! The leaves on the back seem a bit indistinct compared to the usual spikes(?) on a Krawk though - maybe using more distinctly shaped leaves would have helped with that. I also feel like something more could have been done with the leg spots - make them into lichen, maybe?

Sketch: Is sketch. Also, do the edges of this seem pixelated and kind of glowy to anyone else?
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The outline on the Sketch Krawk is very odd... differing thickness and not antialiased. To me it looks like it's a pattern that's been cut out of a sheet of paper and placed on the page, it's actually quite a nice effect.

Woodland is well constructed but uninspiring.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark