Transparent and Water Kougra

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Transparent and Water Kougra

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "It's what's on the inside that counts, right?"
Image "I love doing the wave!"

Larger:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Re: Transparent and Water Kougra

Post by Kantark »

Water's really nice, the translucent blue effect looks almost jelly-like.

Transparent is okay, the teeny bit of tongue/mouth showing looks out of place on this one. I'm not an expert on feline anatomy - should its nasal cavity be up there?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Re: Transparent and Water Kougra

Post by Color Wheel »

Kantark wrote: I'm not an expert on feline anatomy - should its nasal cavity be up there?

Actual tigers do have their noses lined up about where they are on the Kougra, but the nose/teeth don't line up with the pet properly no matter which way you look at it. (Not to mention Kougra foreheads are much higher up, which would probably affect the nose placement a bit.) Other than that, it looks to be plenty accurate, if not a bit plastic-like.

The tail on water is just gorgeous. The see-through effects are also well done, especially along the body there. I just wish they had added some white rushing water to the fur on the face, especially that lock at the top of the head.

Also, they did two complex colors here instead of a complex and a fill. You'd think they'd want to make things easier on themselves, not harder.