Strawberry Blumaroo and Pastel Acara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Strawberry Blumaroo and Pastel Acara

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "I'm berry happy to meet you!"
Image "Pastel, my belle; these are words that go together well, my pastel."

Larger:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Keleri

Re: Strawberry Blumaroo and Pastel Acara

Post by Keleri »

Mehhhhh, strawberry. I'm a little disappointed that this week of new colors has been strawberry and biscuit, but the pastel acara is at least interesting. The pale eyes are unsettling.

Also, it's probably best not to task the artists with too much, they haven't really followed through a lot of the time.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Strawberry Blum: Not much you can do with strawberry. The only thing I will say is that the artist missed a perfect opportunity to make the hairs at the top on the head into a stem.

Pastel Acara: Let me just say that after waiting for 2 years for this, I am super pleased with this. I paint my pets based on the personalities I've assigned them, and Pastel fits my Acara perfectly (he's been Camo for 5 years now). Nice color palette, pale looking without looking too washed out, and slight coloring to the shading that really looks nice. The purple shading inside the ear is odd, but it looks perfectly nice so I don't have a problem with it. My only problem is that the eyes look blind due to the light centers - I might look for some yellow contacts, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall A+, I'm off to buy a paintbrush.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Pastel is really, really nice. Two of my favourite colours in one pet. If I still played neo regularly I'd be very tempted to get one.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter