Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Post Reply
Nogitsune
Colourmeister
Posts: 1156
Joined: 21 Jan 2006 01:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: My mind, but I leave it frequently.
Contact:

Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Nogitsune » 09 Nov 2019 02:38 am

Image "Nothing says prehistoric like hair feathers!"
Image "No I'm not just toying around!"

Larger:

Image
Image
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Madge
Posts: 1572
Joined: 19 Jan 2006 05:05 am
Gender: Female
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Madge » 13 Nov 2019 04:49 pm

Tyrannian Pteri is a huge missed opportunity to go archaeopteryx :(.

Nogitsune
Colourmeister
Posts: 1156
Joined: 21 Jan 2006 01:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: My mind, but I leave it frequently.
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Nogitsune » 13 Nov 2019 05:45 pm

Madge wrote:
13 Nov 2019 04:49 pm
Tyrannian Pteri is a huge missed opportunity to go archaeopteryx :(.
I was rather hoping for a pteranodon.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Madge
Posts: 1572
Joined: 19 Jan 2006 05:05 am
Gender: Female
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Madge » 13 Nov 2019 05:59 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think that would work with their colourfill only colours now :(. Sad, really.

I just remembered that the Pteri, along with the Chomby, is a Tyrannian pet in that Tyrannia is its native home. Do they have a Tyrannian Chomby yet? I swear some 15+ years ago an editorial response stated that there would never be colours that don't make sense, and I think Tyrannian Chomby was called out. (Looks like the chomby doesn't exist yet folks!)

I found a charming old forum thread on the subject including someone posting the same recollection I had above: https://tdnforums.com/topic/29347-tyrannian-pteri/ - maybe this person can finally use their paintbrush!

Nogitsune
Colourmeister
Posts: 1156
Joined: 21 Jan 2006 01:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: My mind, but I leave it frequently.
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Nogitsune » 14 Nov 2019 03:33 am

Madge wrote:
13 Nov 2019 05:59 pm
Unfortunately, I don't think that would work with their colourfill only colours now :(. Sad, really.

I just remembered that the Pteri, along with the Chomby, is a Tyrannian pet in that Tyrannia is its native home. Do they have a Tyrannian Chomby yet? I swear some 15+ years ago an editorial response stated that there would never be colours that don't make sense, and I think Tyrannian Chomby was called out. (Looks like the chomby doesn't exist yet folks!)

I found a charming old forum thread on the subject including someone posting the same recollection I had above: https://tdnforums.com/topic/29347-tyrannian-pteri/ - maybe this person can finally use their paintbrush!
They also said there'd never be a Faerie Grarrl or Skeith but here we are. There are ways to do it if someone really wants. Personally I'd love to see more "dinosaur"-themed pets from Tyrannia.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Madge
Posts: 1572
Joined: 19 Jan 2006 05:05 am
Gender: Female
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Madge » 14 Nov 2019 08:56 am

Yeah it's kind of silly to paint themselves in a corner like that by saying "we will never do [blank]"

I wish there was a way for neopets to innovate, but sadly Customisation was their big push to being relevant in the New Internet and it just didn't work for them at all.

It's a crying shame that the art is so bad now. I wonder if they have artists that are capable of drawing something like the Grey Ixi of old, you know?

And they can't even reverse the customisation - I remember when I first saw customisation, everyone was panicking and I was like "they're not going to replace all the poses with this! don't be ridiculous. It's just going to be an extra pose that's shown on the pet lookup". HA, how wrong I was.

I agree, the Tyrannian paint brush being "caveman" has always been such a missed opportunity when they have all of prehistory to go for. The tyrannian kougra being a beautiful example of bucking the trend.

Nogitsune
Colourmeister
Posts: 1156
Joined: 21 Jan 2006 01:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: My mind, but I leave it frequently.
Contact:

Re: Tyrannian and Toy Pteri

Post by Nogitsune » 14 Nov 2019 12:41 pm

Madge wrote:
14 Nov 2019 08:56 am
Yeah it's kind of silly to paint themselves in a corner like that by saying "we will never do [blank]"

I wish there was a way for neopets to innovate, but sadly Customisation was their big push to being relevant in the New Internet and it just didn't work for them at all.

It's a crying shame that the art is so bad now. I wonder if they have artists that are capable of drawing something like the Grey Ixi of old, you know?

And they can't even reverse the customisation - I remember when I first saw customisation, everyone was panicking and I was like "they're not going to replace all the poses with this! don't be ridiculous. It's just going to be an extra pose that's shown on the pet lookup". HA, how wrong I was.

I agree, the Tyrannian paint brush being "caveman" has always been such a missed opportunity when they have all of prehistory to go for. The tyrannian kougra being a beautiful example of bucking the trend.
I like most of Customization, but I'm not sure they were able to do as much with it as they'd have liked. In order for clothing to work on a pet its body has to be the same across the board so clothes can simply slip on top of it (most of the time, anyway). It would have been better to let folks choose a base that was the grandfathered one if folks liked it better and work from that. Given a poll they did back in February (6th of 2019 for future reference) involving an Aisha, I'm not sure they aren't planning something entirely different with Customization and just aren't letting on until it's ready. On the other hand, it was also said that it was for something off the site, so who knows.

The Tyrannian Lupe also is nice. I'm never sure what to make of the Tyrannian Gelert, though. I agree there's too many thick brow ridges around.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests