Sponge and Strawberry Shoyrus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Sponge and Strawberry Shoyrus

Post by Trick »

I didn't realise Shoyru Day was so soon!

Image Image Image
All Sponge poses.

Image Image Image
All Strawberry poses.
Mac

Post by Mac »

I really like the sponge, actually. The color is nice... it just appeals to me for some reason. Strawberry is pretty cool, too. Very clean looking. Well done, TNT. ^^
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

I like the soaked shoyru in the beaten sponge pose. I don't remember the last strawberry pet they did, its nothing special though.
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Can you say boring? I sort of like the sponge's eye though.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I like the sponge in concept (and execution) and if I could stand those horrid little bug-eyed creatures I might want one.

But I can't, so I don't. =D Not the artist's fault though, so props to whoever drew it.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Compared to the <a href="http://images.neopets.com/images/frontp ... gif">front page image</a> for Shoyru day, these are pretty lackluster. I'd be pretty turned off if I was new to Neopets and saw the front page, then ran to create a Shoy and saw the ugly thing we've got now.

Shoyrus need a revamp SO badly. Their redraws are almost always fabulous, yet the regular pet is sorely neglected. At least give them two visible eyes already!
Ava

Post by Ava »

I like the sponge shoyru in the beaten pose because he looks all sad that he accidentally wetted himself.
Float

Post by Float »

I like the shoyru spongey wings. The whole thing looks oddly thinner than usual.. just me maybe. Strawberry is funny to me because just the other day i was thinking about how it had kind of died and now..
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Cyro wrote:Compared to the <a href="http://images.neopets.com/images/frontp ... gif">front page image</a> for Shoyru day, these are pretty lackluster. I'd be pretty turned off if I was new to Neopets and saw the front page, then ran to create a Shoy and saw the ugly thing we've got now.

Shoyrus need a revamp SO badly. Their redraws are almost always fabulous, yet the regular pet is sorely neglected. At least give them two visible eyes already!
Thank you! And make the one they have less buggy and reflective. And hands, please, God, give them hands in the bargin. The stumps that Shoys and Kacheecks and Usuls have annoy me to no end. They always have actual fingers in their redrawn images around the site (Florin, as for example) so would it kill 'em to add fingers to the actual pets?

Apparently. *grumble*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Sponge is fairly consistent in it being 3 dimensial, except for the head. It looks like they couldn't decide whether or not to make the widest part of the head face forward or to the side. The color is vaguely Maraquan, but still not that exciting. The beaten pose is decent, if nonporous. Stawberry would be alright if not for the fact that it still hasn't been redrawn. I hate shoyrus and they're 8th grade shop class arm stumps.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Eh. I like how they re-did the line art for them. The lines are a bit thicker than before, but not as bad as some pets. xP Of course, if they were going to revamp them, I'd want more than that.

Anyways, neither of them really appeal to me. ._.; I like the sponge aisha better than the sponge shoy, for some reason. And Strawberry isn't really an exciting color.

But I guess there really isn't much more colors shoyrus can come in, now is there?
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

STRAWBERRY PET!!!!!111eleventy! Oh, I wish they would release more Strawberry pets... I think I might actually repaint MyName...
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Very nice! :)
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Sponge is a little weird, it looks more like coral or a moon rock or something with that color. Otherwise not bad.

Strawberry is boring... and those seeds actually look really uncomfortable, now that I think about it.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I like the color on the Sponge one... and its nice to see another Strawberry pet, as it's such an overlooked color...

Would've been nice to see a redraw, but then again I think Shoyrus have pretty much all the major redraws anyway, so that wasn't very likely anyway. :P Not bad for colorfills, and I like how the lineart's been slightly redone on both of them.

(heh, on the main page of the forums this topic's title shows up as "Sponge and Strawberry Sho" with the "yru" cut off. At first I thought, "whoa, they came out with a strawberry shortcake pet?" haha, I'm so weird...)