Tyrannian Chomby

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Tyrannian Chomby

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "They call me Meta--Meta Zoic."

Larger:

Note: The art style is drastically different than usual and I can't help but wonder if we'll be seeing pets in a new style soon. For a more direct comparison, here is the Tyrannian and Blue Chomby:

ImageImage
ImageImage

*Edit: The Tyrannian Chomby is being updated to be more like the base. If someone could get an image of the original to post here so the thread will make sense for any future viewers, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Last edited by Nogitsune on 25 Mar 2022 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Laniv

Re: Tyrannian Chomby

Post by Laniv »

...Bumpy from Jurassic World vibes aside, the shading is really offputting to me, in a "this doesn't feel like Neopets to me" way.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Laniv wrote: 23 Mar 2022 06:01 pm ...Bumpy from Jurassic World vibes aside, the shading is really offputting to me, in a "this doesn't feel like Neopets to me" way.
Given how the clothing items have been looking, I suspect this is going to be the new style for Neopets fairly soon. I could be wrong, but this is much more in keeping with the look of them.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Huh, yeah, this is weird. Like a Chomby crossed with an Ombat.
I'm not keen - I hope this is just Tyrannian being a bit unusual.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Jazzy wrote: 23 Mar 2022 11:33 pm Huh, yeah, this is weird. Like a Chomby crossed with an Ombat.
I'm not keen - I hope this is just Tyrannian being a bit unusual.
There's a severe stylistic difference that is in-keeping with the clothing we've been seeing lately. The outlines, for instance, are no longer universally black but a darker shade of the base colour, which is not usual. The eyes are completely different (which doesn't happen even in other Tyrannian colours). Finally, the neck directly connects to the chest rather than snaking out a bit.

The Tyrannian Pteri has something similar in terms of line colours, but it's closer to the base species. No matter how weird the Tyrannians get, one can almost always tell what they came from. Here it looks almost like an entirely different species.

ImageImage
ImageImage