Royal Boy and Royal Girl Krawks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I think this is a rare occasion where I like the girl better than the boy. She just looks less cluttered. Im not keen on the colours of either one though, I don't like it when royal pets are standard pet colours. I think they should be a unique shade of their own.
However, Im not OmG over either, wouldn't pay for either.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

They're alright, nothing special which is actually a shame. I do like the girl's colour though.
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

I like both of them a lot. The art is excellent, and I love all the poses. A bit too pricey for me, but nonetheless very well done.
Float

Post by Float »

I love them, the girls sad pose is adorable.

I hate krawks in general so its nice to know there is at least one that i can stand.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think they're both very nicely done. I don't think TNT have managed to make a truly awful Royal pet yet, and these don't even come close.

Amusing sad and beaten poses. The Royalboy's sceptre is extensively used. Good all round really. Nice job!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I don't like krawks to beggin with (I think they are overrated just because of their being extremly rare and expensive) but I really like Royal girl krawk. I love all the poses, except for happy and circle so getting one is out of the question thankfully (I have enough expensive goals as it is). Her sad pose is so adorable!!
As for Royal boy - he is to krawk looking (told you I don't like them) and only two poses that are quite fun are ranged attack and defensive. Somehow the similar colours they chose for him make him look too detailed and messy... But as a couple these are among the better royals :)
Last edited by zebru on 15 Apr 2006 03:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I love the girl's dress style. The colour could be nicer.

Like maybe...

My crappy recolour. I should have done the staff...

The staffs are a bit overdone.

I think, in general, that the poses are great.

It looks like a lot of time and effort went into these pets, and that makes me happy.

8.5/10 from me. Lots of artist cookies.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I like them both. However, I like the male krawk better tan the female.
Anza

Post by Anza »

I like them both, but not enough to get either. I know what you're saying about the girl's red dress being a little clashy.

I personally think she would look awesome in a dark emerald green dress, but Meghans purple is awesome too.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I've been a Krawk fan since the day they were released, and I always love redraws that seem to still look Krawkish. It's awesome that they managed long hair on the female without making it hidious (Royalgirl Scorchio, anyone?), and I'm even more thrilled that it doesn't have breasts. I was fairly sure Krawks would do well Royal since they're already anthro and have hair of sorts, but I'm still relieved that they didn't botch this one like they have so many others.

Yes, they're busy, but that seems to be a trend with Royal pets these days. Same with the staffs. I like the poses and the male especially has battle poses that are remenicant of Neoquest 2. I also like the female's beaten pose. Not just the average bandages-sling-and-broken accessories look.

Overall, a good addition to the Krawk colors. Not perfect, but certainly not bad.

8.5/10
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

I like them both. :) My brother does to (he was sitting next to me and saw them :p ). Through I'll likely never own a Krawk, it's a nice color in my opinion. :)
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I'm having difficulties making my mind up on these ones. I love the Royalboys bd poses, they are very dynamic and ranged is the best which is good. I also really like the sad pose but I think the other poses are perhaps somewhat lacking. I like his colours and clothes but I think the way he has been drawn makes him look cluttered, particularly his face (this is true of all poses). Overall he certainly isn't the worst royalboy but I have no desire to own one myself :/

The Royalgirl I dismissed as being inferior to the boy at first, her bd poses certainly aren't as huge. I love the way her hair has been done though and had her cloak been the way Meghan did it I think it would have made a huge difference. As it is I still think her face looks a bit cramped but only in the happy and circle poses. Sad and Angry in particular are fantastic.

I'm disappointed Shroomy didn't do these as I think the ideas are wonderful, it's just the execution that is a little lacking. If the happy and circle poses of the Royalgirl had been on par with the sad pose I would be painting my krawk like a shot (well selling stuff and painting her like a shot!).

I really think that pose is beautiful but I'm not sure the real happy/circle will grown on me enough to want this pet =(
Lou

Post by Lou »

I like 'em! :D
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

These are nice. I'm not much of krawk fan (darn things seem over-rated like draiks due to their rarity), but I like these okay. I might have choosen different colours though to make them more different from regular krawks.

8/10
Kantark wrote:I don't think TNT have managed to make a truly awful Royal pet yet...
What about the royal poogles? Those were awful... or at least fairly close. ;)
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Lakota wrote:These are nice. I'm not much of krawk fan (darn things seem over-rated like draiks due to their rarity), but I like these okay. I might have choosen different colours though to make them more different from regular krawks.

8/10
Kantark wrote:I don't think TNT have managed to make a truly awful Royal pet yet...
What about the royal poogles? Those were awful... or at least fairly close. ;)
Image Image
The royalboy Aisha and both of the Ixis are hideous as well.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.