Royal Boy and Royal Girl Krawks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I bought a krawk trans for investment. And possible using. The more I think about it, the more perfect the royal boy is for Zane. And no waiting for hissi. Will have to wait till Hissi Day at least...

*swoons*
The Cheshire Dragon wrote:Just noticed something...maybe I'm crazy, but it's gotta be hella hard to hold a septre behind your back with both hands while attacking and she probably should be holding it in front (or with one hand) for it to make sense.

Either that, or she's showing off her new EXTREEEEEEMMEEE piercing. "Through the armpits is the new rage! Sure, it's going through some vital organs, but who cares!"
I think the hand behind her is supposed to just be swung out behind her, not actually holding the staff. But it is still strange looking. And definitely would be an interesting piercing trend...

Though, looking at that pose, her hand grasping the staff seems awfully malformed. The girl actually has pretty cruddy hands in all of her poses, especially when compared to the royal boy.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

The Cheshire Dragon wrote:Just noticed something...maybe I'm crazy, but it's gotta be hella hard to hold a septre behind your back with both hands while attacking and she probably should be holding it in front (or with one hand) for it to make sense.

Either that, or she's showing off her new EXTREEEEEEMMEEE piercing. "Through the armpits is the new rage! Sure, it's going through some vital organs, but who cares!"
Actually, holding a stick that long behind your back with both hands isn't that hard and considering how she's holding it, it looks as though the artist was <i>trying</i> for one of those karate-like moves with the bo behind the back that can be brought around to slash the attacker, but considering the anatomy...it fell a bit short. :/
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

How much are Royal paintbrushes again?
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

Chin hair on a reptile? No.
Wrestling belt? No.
Chillipepper Staff of Doom? No.
Everything else? Eh, sure, okay.

... I'm not especially thrilled. Which is a good thing. I think. One less expensive pet to obsessively desire. But it could have been a lot worse. I guess. Maybe. The snout in some of the poses, especially on the Royal!Girl seems more rounded and almost draik-like. And the Royal!Girl's hair kinda reminds me of those usul dolls. And the Royal!Boy's eyebrows reminds me of a plucking incident gone horrible wrong.

But heeey, emotion and personality are good!
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I like the Royalboy more than the girl. He has more character. Aside from that he hasn't missing scepters and a different Circle and Happy pose. *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Angelique Elf

Post by Angelique Elf »

Honestly I love them both *huggles* I would never be able to save enough though. Hopefully I will get one in a zap one day.
Questing for: Royal Paint Brush
Progress: 460,000/1,750,000
Goal: Royalgirl Cybunny

Donators are hugged
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

She has got one hand in front of her:
First circle's the hand, second circle's where the arm comes out of the body- the sceptre's on the inside of her arm. The pose is doable, because I just did it. Presumably the logic behind holding the sceptre behind you rather than in front is that it stops your opponent being able to simply snatch it away.

I'm not too fond of them, which is sort of a shame and sort of a good thing. I do have a krawk I could paint, but I don't need to be saving for two royal pbs.
gidget

Post by gidget »

When you shoot pool with the cue behind your back, that's the way you hold the cue stick. :)
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

gidget wrote:When you shoot pool with the cue behind your back, that's the way you hold the cue stick. :)
LOL! Now I've got the image of a billard playing queen in my head and can't get it out. *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Meh, they're alright. I don't think they're worth anymore than the fourth of the cost to make one though. I don't even particularly like the shading on them and they both (the girl especially) look like they're bald and wearing hair pieces, though admittedly the royalboy's hair piece looks like it's seen better days. At least I know I'll never want one myself.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
silverstareagle

Post by silverstareagle »

Not particularly fond of them. I like the happy, sad and beaten poses of the royalgirl, but that's about it. They're a bit meh, all in all, not something I'd ever spend on.
Lolliruss

Post by Lolliruss »

One of my best neo-friends waited years for a Royal Krawk. A couple of days ago she created a Kougra and painted her instead, so at the moment that's all I can think of. I'm not really looking at the colour because it just doesn't make sense to me that it actually exists.

I'm not sure if I like or dislike the girl. I hate the boy, but the girl is rather sweet. If the dress was purple she'd definitely be in my top five Royal Girls.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Angelique Elf wrote:Honestly I love them both *huggles* I would never be able to save enough though. Hopefully I will get one in a zap one day.
Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not possible. Because
a) getting a Krawk or Draik from the lab is not known to be possible, as far as we know it isn't, and

b) the lab certainly doesn't do royal. And neither does the Fountain Faerie- the only way to get royal is to save.

I think they probably are nice enough that you might want to save for them, I do like the royalgirl. But they don't immediately make me want one.
Neopets wishlists: here
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

From what I notice right away, that royalboy seems to have no fewer than 3 separate light sources.

Different ones for the left hand, hair and staff head and right hand and face.

Bottom half of the staff lacks shading alltogether...

Is it me being weird? Is that correctly shaded?

Either way the staff head is definitely wrong.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Cheese, I'd say that the face, right hand, and maybe the robe could share the same light source from off to our left, but the left hand light source is more off to our right. Oh, but the reflection on the wand says something totally different.

I think they're kind of goofy looking. Maybe it's the hair. I dunno. I don't have a longing to own one but they're alright.