Tyrannian Buzz

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

This should be the revamped mutant. Not Tyrannian. That said, if I weren't zapping a buzz for faerie, I might actually like it. Since I am zapping though...>.< This is not a color I want for him. I want him faerie and I don't want to go through this one.
nuts_back

Post by nuts_back »

wierd i was thinking last night on what a tyrannian buzz would look like

i like it except the face
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

WOW! BEAUTIFUl!

I'm greatful that they did this instead of a fuzzy insect *coughhalloweencough* and the mutant and darigan slots are already taken. Now watch them never release it.
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Wow! That's awsome. It's so nice knowing such cool colours don't have to cost like 2 million NPs; we need more colours like that. But like the tryannrian gnorbu, it just doesn't look esp. prehistoric. :?
Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:This should be the revamped mutant. Not Tyrannian.
Oddly enough mutant buzz looks more like tryannrian to me than this one. It's tan and has an over-sized under-jaw, and those are kind of cliche for tryannain. Maybe they should swap the two. :P

Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Well. I haven't reacted to a pet like that in quite some time, it got a resounding "fuck me!" there, though it was far from an instruction =P

That is one gorgeous hunk of insectness. Sure it doesn't really look tyrannian but 1) variety is nice, and 2) all other redraws are filled for the buzz so please please do not take this away *clings to it* It's not a pet I'll be after myself but I'm thrilled for buzz lovers and all who love it (especially on the tyrannian price tag) - the art detail, or perhaps the difference between this pet and "normal" neo art puts me in mind of the mutant meerca, there too is a pet that looks very un-neopetsy.

Awesome, gorgeous, mean old buzz ^__^ Why am I not suprised it wasn't released...
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Whoa!! That was... unexpected :D

Art is really really good - it doesn't look like neopets art at all. It belongs more in video game/comics/grafiti/alien movies type of art. Very dark and very well executed (except, yes, it is cramped and hard to look at what's going with body at such small space). I think a lot of male battledomers will be morphing and painting (unless they train by lab ray)...

Buy your brushes now, I think the price of tyranian brushes will inflate if this is released the way it is. Don't want one myself but it's sure a pleasure to look at

I have a hunch a son of one of artists/staff drew this at home (without a tail) and someone brought it to work and someone else said "Hey, that looks like a buzz - lets add a tail and use that. Oh mutant and darigan are taken... but, hey, tyrannian is free..."

Tail looks out of place there (esspecialy in ranged attack pose) - big smooth area while the rest of the pet is deatiled.
Last edited by zebru on 12 May 2006 03:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!

I just... wow. I don't care if it looks cramped, I don't care if it doesn't look very Tyrannian (it really doesn't, to tell the truth, but hell they could try to pass this off as Baby and I wouldn't care if it meant I could get one), I don't care if the 80x80 poses look like weird mashes of pixels... this is hands down the most absolutely freaking badassed thing on the entire site right now, and for that very reason I absolutely must have one. It's not just "sinister-evil" like most Darigans or "tough-evil" like most Tyrannians, it's that rare "RIP YOUR LIMBS OFF IMPALE YOUR LIFELESS BODY ON A STICK THEN WAVE IT AROUND WHILE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF ITS LUNGS" kind of evil. To tell the truth, it's almost too cool for Neopets. Which is probably why it didn't see a release today. :?

Honestly, I haven't had this sort of "OMG!" reaction to a pet since the Darigan Aisha first popped up. Please, Neo, releaseitreleaseitreleaseitreleaseit...
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

First impression: OMG wow! After figuring out the busy cluster of it (there's only so much detail you can fit into that space) and being a little disappointed in some of the poses, this thing is DEFINITELY a good addition to the Neo-world. It's ugly and sinister and frightening enough to please those who don't like the "cutesy-wootsy" range of pets.

I also agree that it looks more typical of Mutant or Darigan, but I'm not complaining.

So aside from the busy cramped tangle-ness, I approve even though I don't want one myself.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Aw man, now I feel wierd. -.-; I don't like it at all. I like ugly, yes, but this is just way too ugly. ._.; -shudders-

And I usually love buzzes. D:

Still, I like how they put so much detail into it. :3
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

HELL YES!

It shall be mine! And if they so much as lightly brush up against it with their magic pencils because it doesn't look the slightest bit Tyrannian, I will disembowl everyone here and feed their entrails to ravenous little kittens.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

HOLY CRAP.

This is like, the opposite of grarkenstompfles. This is...

Selfpmotsnekrarg.

Yeah, that works.

I think I just figured out what Scythemantis the buzz's final form is going to be.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Huggles wrote:HELL YES!

It shall be mine! And if they so much as lightly brush up against it with their magic pencils because it doesn't look the slightest bit Tyrannian, I will disembowl everyone here and feed their entrails to ravenous little kittens.
Um...you meant you'd disembowl all of TNT, right? O.o I don't know if my kittens would like human entrails, but you can use them in your plots. :D They climb legs! They'll climb Adam's if you tell him to open a can of catfood. :)
Digital Kaizer Myuu

Post by Digital Kaizer Myuu »

That's SCARY.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

The clutter that is mentioned in almost every post is true but you can live with it... it doesn't look too much like a neopet at first glance, but I'm sure in time we will get used to it. It doesn't look tyrannian, but I am sure it was based off some kind of prehistoric insect. Perhaps if the colours were change it would seem more tyrannian. We're probably just too used to "OMGitHASfurANDbaldPATCHESandHORNSnowITStyrannian" It's just so different from all the other tyrannians thats all. I am a little saddened however about the lack of change between happy/sad/angry. But that aside I must say one thing...

OMG THAT IS AWESOME.
ImageImage
gidget

Post by gidget »

I generally despise Buzzes (with the exceptions of Baby, Plushie, and Faerie, which are quite lovely), but I do think this is pretty fantastic. I wouldn't want it for myself, but it's a wonderful addition to the Buzz family.

That said, I do think it would make a muuuuch better Mutant than Tyrannian.