Rainbow Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Ziggy wrote:am I the only one getting a little tired of this kinda thing?
No.

Though, to be fair, the majority of the replies here seem to be "it's okay", not just people yelling "OGRIN KILL IT RAR" like with the first three or so Ogrin threads that came up. :?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I wasn't talking specficially about this thread, just any ogrin thread that comes up seems to have people re-stating their hatred for the species and nothing more :P

As for this colour, I think the darker rainbow is actually really nice, I don't think a bright rainbow would suit this pet.
tigerlilyleah

Post by tigerlilyleah »

I... don't really like it :| Especially not the super pale cream on its face and toes... *shudders*

And like Seerow, I want some proper Ogrin colours T_T

But hey, like Ziggy said, judge it on the colour, not the fact that its an Ogrin :shock:
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Grah, I really think that dark purple they used messes it up completely. It divides the pet up too harshly. The transitions between colours could have been done better as well. Overall, pretty 'meh'.
Image Image
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

tigerlilyleah wrote:And like Seerow, I want some proper Ogrin colours T_T
What actually constitutes as a proper colour?
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

I quite like it :) Ogrins have been growing on me recently. The purple hair looks neat, IMO. Orgins need some redraws pronto! :0
tigerlilyleah

Post by tigerlilyleah »

Spivsy wrote:
tigerlilyleah wrote:And like Seerow, I want some proper Ogrin colours T_T
What actually constitutes as a proper colour?
Non colourfills :P Ogrins have been getting too many colourfills and not enough redraw style ones (Faerie, Robot, Grey, Maraquan, etc.)
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:*thinks of My Little Pony Movie with the rainbow of darkness for no real reason*
I have that on eBay right now. I will now pimp my eBay listings: my username on eBay is phoebemittens, too.

I really love the rich sexy purple of the mane, mohawk, tail, ear-tassels... hair. I love the hair. Very nice.

However, it's not enough to make me like the pet overall. Whilst the Baby Ogrin managed to make me like both the pet and the colour for about the only time ever, this has not pulled off the same trick. I find Rainbow pets a little garish and Ogrins ugly - and nothing about this example of either is changing my mind.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Looking at all released ogrin colours I like this one best I think. Somehow purple theme on tail, mane and er.. ears (?) comes over pretty nice. The only problem is - rest of the colours are pretty bright so it's a bit hard to luck at. Decent overall.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

The purple tempts me, but no go. I still don't like the Ogrin and the color doesn't help. >_>
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

spivsy wrote:What actually constitutes as a proper colour?
I for one want a nicely drawn Faerie Ogrin. And Maraquan, Royal, Grey, and Robot aren't bad second choices.

However, Rainbow is, in most cases, my least favorite color and having to wait so long for new Ogrin colors to come out, I'd have liked something better. More colorfills would be okay (escpially a nice White), but why did they have to do an eye-hurting Rainbow?

Yeah, some people here actually like this color, but as a die-hard Ogrin fan, I want something better. I know TNT has it in them, somewhere....possibly...maybe...
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

Seerow:
I for one want a nicely drawn Faerie Ogrin. And Maraquan, Royal, Grey, and Robot aren't bad second choices.
Im looking forward to seeing a maraquan ogrin -- they could implement that funky mohawk in some cool ways in an aquatic pet, in the very least it could detract from the garishness of it. It could make a very neat fin, maybe, if they extended it down the back of the ogrin -- sorta like the fin on this guy (<a href="http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/delaware2/ima ... ">click</a>) it could look very cool. Or they could make it into spines or something, but personally I'd rather see the fin...

I could definiatly see myself liking a maraquan ogrin if TNT didnt kill it completely LOL.

(whee I rambled, sorries... haha)

Edited by Kamil to fix the stretchy page

EDIT: whoops, sorry for the page stretch =\ I forget I have my monitor set to such a high res sometimes, many apologies.
Last edited by Rivka on 21 May 2006 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Float

Post by Float »

In a lot of rainbow pets the contrast with the purple to blue and then green (or however the rainbow goes xp) is extrememly harsh and then the red and orange and yellow just kind of blend.

In this its all pretty harsh. So I think it works. Yay
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Though I'm generally not an Ogrin fan, I wouldn't mind if a labbie turned this, making two ogrin colors ones that I appreciate a bit (Shadow being the other). I like that the red doesn't start at it's face... I think the velvety purple accents are a lovely contrast to the cream of its face. I do wish the Green hadn't been left out, perhaps they could have made the stripes a bit less horizontal. I *DO* feel the dark/bold/harsh color combos are necessary. The Ogrin looks full and even slightly Busy as a flatfill, let alone with a rainbow on its hide. If they had done a faded/washed-out rainbow, the Stripes and other accessories on the Ogrin would have overpowered and choked out the rainbow. So all in all, whoever was told "here, make a Rainbow Ogrin", I think did a fairly good job. :)
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Hmm. When I first saw it, I hate hate HATED it, but it seems to have grown on me. :P