Rainbow Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

Ava wrote:Kind of like those magic pictures that you have to stare past to see the real image? Like that.
Those never really worked for me anyways....

But, upon further reflection, it is a lovely shade of purple.
iamthelastunicorn

Post by iamthelastunicorn »

I like it... not enough to create one, but it's not bad. I like the face.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Hm, not bad.
In fact, it's my favorite Ogrin recolor...
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

The super-dark purple around the head and the really light feet emphasize the fact that the ogrin is all head and feet with nothing else. It looks unbalanced; not for me.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I kind of like it ^^;; Though it is an Ogrin, that pretty much garantees I will never get one. *sighs*

Fae
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

It's okay. I like how they did the head a lot. :)
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Hm, well it's pretty interesting, if not terribly rainbow-ish. I like the shade of purple they used, even if there is a bit too much of it.
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

.... Right. It's... really dark for a rainbow pet. I hate the neopets rainbow pets anyways *curses labray for the blasted grarrl on my main account* but this... It's a nice shade of purple, but that shoudl have been what's on the purple ogrin, not rainbow. It's horribly dark for a rainbow color, and for rainbow there's surprisingly little amount of green. I'm not a particular fan of green, but I find it kinda odd they went overboard with purple and put in so little green.
Lou

Post by Lou »

I quite like this, it looks nice. :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Well it's a nice colour, the purple on the neck and mane. In fact I sort of am curious as to what a really dark rainbow pet would look like, even though I probably wouldn't like it much as I like the bright rainbow pets because they're AWESOME.

This one starts with the blues up the top and goes to red down the bottom, which is something you don't see often (if at all?) in rainbow pets.

I don't really like it, but I think it's probably because it's a freaking Ogrin.

No, actually, I have justification!

The lines look like they're pretty much drawn horizontally, they don't much follow the contours of the body, and the transition between the colours is harsh. Some more colours that went together nicer would have been better.
Angelique Elf

Post by Angelique Elf »

I actually quite like it for an ogrin, I particularly like the dark purple. I think it would look better if it were blended though the face/body with like red 'socks'. I don't like the pale yellow on the face/feet either and unfortunately the purple highlights that.
Questing for: Royal Paint Brush
Progress: 460,000/1,750,000
Goal: Royalgirl Cybunny

Donators are hugged
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Dragyn wrote:It's a nice shade of purple, but that should have been what's on the purple ogrin, not rainbow.
The problem is: you can bet that the purple Orgrin will have an orange mane and ruff. *shudder*

Hm. For a rainbow pet and a Ogrin, I almost like it. I like the dark colours.
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Great, neopets has once again caused me to rip my eyes out with a spoon.
twirlsncurls5

Post by twirlsncurls5 »

I like the purple, it almost looks metallic. But then, I don't think I despise the ogrin as much as everyone else seems to :wink:.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Kidnemo wrote:It's um... an Ogrin.
Mmm. Yes.
Not to be a bitch, but am I the only one getting a little tired of this kinda thing? Ok, we all KNOW the ogrin wasn't the most popular pet here, but I for one happened to like it. Or at least, I didn't think it was deserving of the slack it got here.
Thusly, Im getting just......BORED of seeing people respond to anything ogrin related with 'oh, its an ogrin, its instantly shite'.

If you have a valid crit to make about a colour, thats cool. But to just keep- repeating this same idea of 'ogrin = bad, regardless' seems pointless. If you know you are going to instantly hate a colour simply because its on an ogrin, you could always just NOT REPLY.
'I hate this colour because the rainbow is too dark' is a valid comment.
'I hate this because its an ogrin' is not.

This isn't just to kidnemo, they just reminded me of the subject, just anyone who still thinks it necessary to post in every ogrin thread with how much they hate the ogrin. Old news. Either leave a valid critique or just ignore future ogrin threads.