Ghost tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Americans may not know what jellied eels are.

<a href="http://www.stephenson-fish.co.uk/includ ... s.jpg">But to me, this looks like a jellied tuskaninny.</a>
I have to say... that's about the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. :shock:
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

It looks like some deformed bowl of Shrimp Scampi...
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

This is a ghost:

All other attempts at ghostly pets make me sob at the wasted potential ;_;
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

This is a ghost:

I need to send that card image to TNT sometime. Make ghost a REDRAW color. (problem is, that would make the price for the brush inflate)
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Trick wrote:This is a ghost:

I agree! Ghost needs to be a redraw color. It needs to <i>badly</i>. Right now it's just a different color of glowing.

Heck, the original ghosts were okay even, with snaggly yellow teeth and shadows under their eyes and such. All the recent (and even not-so-recent) Ghosts have been absolute shit.

And what's more is that I have the weirdest sense of deja vu... almost like we said the exact same thing about the last 15 or so ghost pets.

Ghost doesn't even exist to me anymore. *shakes head sadly*
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I still say Ghost is the absolute BIGGEST waste of potential of any color on the whole site. Just look at the Ghost pets on the trading cards and you'll see what I mean... it could've ended up being one of the absolute best colors on the WHOLE site, and instead it's just a crappy blue version of Glowing. Granted, there are a few Ghost pets that get it right (The Chia, Kacheek and Jetsam are great, I love the Moehog's ratty hair, the Zafara has a nice creepiness to it and though it's really, really subtle I've always loved the fact that the Aisha has a chain instead of a collar), but for the most part the whole color just makes me... sad. Because it could have been so, so much more.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Meh.

It's just a plain Tuskaninny. :?
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Just another recolour ghost. There's nothing special about it at all unless you like tuskninies a lot or that shade of aquamarine/ pale blue.

I don't mind happy ghosts if they have something else going for them. If the hair's all ratty looking or there's something else that sets it apart from colourfills, it isn't so bad. Usul fills that (despite the fact they desparately need an update).
Granted, there are a few Ghost pets that get it right (The Chia, Kacheek and Jetsam are great, I love the Moehog's ratty hair, the Zafara has a nice creepiness to it and though it's really, really subtle I've always loved the fact that the Aisha has a chain instead of a collar)
The only special ones are those for chias, kacheeks, usuls, and moehogs. :? Chias look evil, kacheek was completely redrawn, and both usul and moehog were given ratty hair/ears. With the exceptation of the moehog, that's not a good collection to brag about (and I like kacheeks too ;))

The rest vary completely. Some pets like the hissi and jetsam look evil in this colour even though they were not redrawn at all. Occansionally just giving default pets with the right shading will do. Others just look sad or subdue. Those include the following:
blumaroo
bori
bruce
draik
floatsam
ixi
jubjub
kiko
korbat
krawk
mynci
poogle
skeith?
tonu
uni
xweetok
yurble
zafara

The acara, aisha, chomby, elephante, gelert, gnorbu, grarrl, grundo, hissi, jetsam, kau, koi, kougra, kyriil, lenny, lupe, orgin, peophin,pteri, quiggle, ruki, scorhio, shoyru, techo, wocky and now tuskaninny are all smiles. Some of them look better than others though. The quiggle looks like it's having a ball being dead. :shock:

I like the type of aura that appears around the yurble and pteri the most. It's faint, a bit hard to see, and it tapers.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

On a positive note, the tuskaninny has nice big eyes so you can see them BURNING RED WITH HELLFIRE! On the other hand he seems pleasently interested in life in general, so it kind of takes away the coolness of the BIG RED EYES.

I still assert that this is the worst "happy" ghost:

All thay'd have to change is the circle pose, your ghost could still be happy just not ALL THE TIME in the circle pose.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Its too....friendly looking. It seemed to have left its spookyness at the Supermarket and big up a bumper-pack of happiness instead.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Lou

Post by Lou »

Ugh, how boring...