Darigan and Skunk Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

Darigan - Much love for the horns, they're very well done. The colors... I'm not too bothered that it's purple and red, it's just too damn bright to be the "evil and sinister" Darigan is supposed to be. The decently drawn part makes it an okay Darigan, steps above some others...

Skunk - ...The white part of the ruff in the front bothers me for some unknown reason. But eh, it's skunk. Okay.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Skunk stinks.

The Darigan...I would have prefered a nice blue as I don't think it'd be able to pull off the yellow very well. Red's not a very good color on it either. Too be honest I didn't even think they'd ever do a Darigan yurble. The yurble doesn't strike me as the vicious kind...
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I love the Darigan Yurble, however myself like some others can't seem to figure out just what the close range pose is about... my only other problem is the colours, that red one huggles did was very nice. It's a very well drawn pet (except for close range).

*Argh my neck broke... mmm I'm hungry*

Skunk... the beard-like thing it has going on is funky.. otherwise it's skunk... yaaay... that can go along with our new skunk chomby from a couple of months back..
ImageImage
Contre Culture

Post by Contre Culture »

I like the Darigan Yurble, although I'm not exactly sure why. The red on the wings is nearly fuschia; the whole pet would look much nicer if it were the silver-grey color that was used for its beard. The beard, by the way, makes the Yurble look like a badger. But I like the horns, and it's in general well-drawn, and it has angry-just-woken-up-attitude. I suppose I just like badgers.
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

I keep thinking of a villian from some TV show or movie that resembles the Darigan Yurble, but I can't figure out what show. :p Other than odd memories, it looks awesome. :)

Skunk, I'm not too fond of the color. It looks okay to me, for someone who is not excited about it.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

I must have a soft spot for all Yurbles in general, but I adore this creature. It does have a whole lot of solid attitude about it, and the horns are an excellent touch. This pose in particular is like a great, angry roaring bear:

And I love bears, so this is automatically awesome. :D

And Moonstruck, could you be thinking of the Beast from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"? The Darigan Yurble certainly reminds me of him for some reason.

(from the stage version)
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

Sparrow wrote:And Moonstruck, could you be thinking of the Beast from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"? The Darigan Yurble certainly reminds me of him for some reason.
They do look a lot alike, but I'm still not sure. :) It'll likely come to me in the next week or so, it always does.
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

The Skunk Yurble is sort of eh. The usual.

The Darigan Yurble gave me pause. I like the way it's drawn but the colours just aren't working. Agreeing with what's already been said - red would have been a better choice. I do like the horns. The grey hair/fur/mane is a nice touch as well but near the mouth it resembles a beard too much. What with that and the bushy eyebrows it looks like an old man. An evil old man, mind you.

It looks okay. There are better Darigan colours but I'm just relieved that it doesn't look as terrible as some.
BishtrainerTai

Post by BishtrainerTai »

I adore the horns. Everything else looks tacky, but ok-ish. I don't like that its body is just a fatter purple Yurble.
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

Those horns! So beautiful! *faint*
But the whole thing looks too busy somehow, I think if it didn't have wings you obviously wouldn't have the red clashiness and it wouldn't be another Darigan stereotype :)
But yes, red does look awesome
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm one of the few who actually likes purple Darigans, but... I think I've found an exception. Red looks much better in this case, it's disappointing.

I think the problem I have with it is...I dunno. It looks like it's dressed up, more than anything. Like it's not a real Darigan creature, it's just pretending to be one.

...aaand that makes no sense. I don't care.

BLECH.

Theeere we go.

Does anyone even care about skunk? I mean, really.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I definitely appreciate those horns. The teeth aren't bad, either. But those wings look pretty hokey and pasted-on, and Huggles' red recolor really improved the pet. I think at the very least a darker grey should've been used for the mane.
Paint

Post by Paint »

I like the Darigan, I love the eyes and the horns. The colours, I can get over them I guess.

Anyone who can re-colour here? Does anyone have time to try a blue and yellow version of it too? =D

Skunk is, welll, Skunk. A little more creative perhaps, but still skunk xD

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

I do not like the Darigan Yourble. I want to take it, and punt it into a lake.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh. Can we have a punting contest?

Blue. There. GIMP is not being nice for some reason and screwing up when it saves.