Shadow Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

gidget wrote:Farseek, the avatar was working a few minutes ago... did you remember to put a Koi Plushie in your inventory?
When I try to use it as an avatar, it is coming up as a broken image.
Odd because it's working in the news page :?
Not all who wander are lost.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah, it's broken for me, too. It's because the one in the news is "koiplushie.gif" (which makes sense) and in the avatar list it's "plushiekoi.gif" (which doesn't, because it's not a Plushie Koi).
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I was the one asking aloud for a shadow Koi. *hangs head*
I would have liked it to be much darker though, they should've used black for the fins as well.

And what's this with not releasing any Kois on Koi Day the 2nd year in a row??!!??

EDIT:
ImageImage
Besides the top fin, the skunk Koi is actualy darker than this :(
Last edited by rebelheart on 25 May 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

I thought it was the Grey Koi when I first glanced at it, which made no sense. It would pass as just an extra colour fill but it's pretty lame for a pet's day just to have this; it's just so flat and dull. They could have done something really nice for a Shadow Koi, the other colour fills have been quite imaginative.

Poor Koi Fans.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Poor Koi fans.
Expect a whole year for...this.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

As you may know, Kois already have a lot of good colors. The only BIG ones they're missing are Darigan and Royal. So, it isn't a gip. We could have gotten custard instead.

I like the shades of grey on the fins.

But, I really like shadow as a color.
Lou

Post by Lou »

It looks like it's just been put in grayscale mode, I don't like it, it's not black. It's a happy grey.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I don't like this at all. I like the shadows with the nice blue colour they use with it (like the Krawk and Tonu). This is just kind of meh.

On the other hand, I'm secretly (or not so secretly anymore) glad that there weren't any great colours released -- I have enough pets to save for without adding another Koi to the list.

*Hugs Lohar* I've never had an avatar pet before, even a clickable avatar one, so that's a yay!
mentalfloss

Post by mentalfloss »

..Well. D: Lloyd's just gonna stay spotted forever, which is fine because spotted looks beautiful on koi, ESPECIALLY compared to THIS. This is hideous. It's not even shadowey. Just. Ugh.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

its just so boring..kois have been totally shafted this year :(
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

As you may know, Kois already have a lot of good colors. The only BIG ones they're missing are Darigan and Royal. So, it isn't a gip. We could have gotten custard instead.
Except they don't. The Faerie is barely a redraw- it has, what, one pose redrawn?- the Grey is lackluster, the Baby is basically just a head...their only good colours are their colourfills, which is really quite pathetic. Plushie is okay, but not for the pricetag.
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

I don't know if it's just my laptop (laptops are not the best to view dark colours), but it looks fine to me for shadow. :? It's black (and dark grey)-- nothing more you can do with it... unless TNT were to revamp the Shadow colour completely so pets would look like the Shadow Usul (which would be cool :)).

It doesn't really stand out among the other Shadow pets. Then again there's no consistency with that colour anyways. Most of them seem to be only dark gray, and it's hard to see the 'black' ones' details and lines.

It's a shame that the koi got shafted on their day again. :( And it's even worse that the koi's best colours are its colourfills. You would think their repose colours would look awesome, yet that's not the case. Maybe TNT will redo those colours some day.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Jazzy wrote:
Except they don't. The Faerie is barely a redraw- it has, what, one pose redrawn?- the Grey is lackluster, the Baby is basically just a head...their only good colours are their colourfills, which is really quite pathetic. Plushie is okay, but not for the pricetag.
Hear hear. I'm really quite miffed, as after last Koi Day when we only got Robot and Orange (good colours I know but a lab only and a colour fill) I was really hoping for one of the other redraws to make an appearance. Koi don't have Tyrannian, Royal or Darigan, and they don't have a decent faerie - a decent faerie koi would rival the pteri for sheer gorgeousness.

Most koi colours just don't deviate from the norm, and they are a very overlooked pet. After the Maraqua plot of last year featuring King Kelpbeard I was really psyched for some kickass pudgy royal koi.

Really, really, really miffed. Why is it always my favourite species that get cacked all over on their days? ;___;
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The Faerie is barely a redraw
Redraw or not, it's a big color.

I'm afraid you don't get the point

Kois have Faerie, Island, Pirate, Robot, Grey, Halloween, Baby, Mutant,Plushie...there isn't a ton of big colors left to do there. Maraquan(Redundant, Koi being from Maraqua), Royal, Desert (Which, IMO, is highly unprobable)and Darigan. Royal is a big color to draw for a pet day, considering it's two pets, instead of one.

That's it. What else could they do? Nothing exceptionnal. Except a Koi-only color.

Plus, we already ARE getting a Darigan pet on a pet day this week. Two within a week...

I understand you're miffed but, Kois already have a lot of good colors. Unlike Nimmos(Who have a good plushie, decent baby & Tyrannian and..well...do Nimmos come into invisible), it's not like there was nothing good to paint Kois.

It's one of my favorite pet day in a few weeks. It's annoying, I know, but, it's the way it works. I'm sure we're get Purple and speckled for Quiggles.
Last edited by Iggy on 25 May 2006 07:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I'm afraid I don't get your point either. Exactly why does koi having those other redraws mean it isn't a gip that koi don't get one of the remaining redraws on their pet day? And what does yurble day have to do with koi day anyway? Other pets have had pet days close together and both received redraws.

I think people are entitled to be majorly bummed out that their pet gets only a simple colourfill on their pet day.