Tyrannian Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I hadn't noticed it was segmented. That make is much better than I originally thought. Some of the battle poses aren't so bad either.

Still, somehow I got it into my head that a totally redrawn coelecanth would be the most awesome thing ever. Most of the Koi's redraws aren't really redraws *coughFaeriecough*, and a totally redone huge scaly coelecanth would just be too cool.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

This thing, I'm sure, looks INTENTIONALLY somewhat like the pre-vamp Koi. Check these out:

Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

I love it.

Who can skip in the mud with the greatest of ease?
What kind of wonderful guy?
Who can crawl like a dog without scraping his knees?
Who's got seg! men! ted! EYES!
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Silverevilchao wrote:This thing, I'm sure, looks INTENTIONALLY somewhat like the pre-vamp Koi.

Silver, I think I don't agree with that.
I inserted a new Red Koi in your equation and see what I got:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

I didn't find old angry and closeattack poses to compare them with the new ones.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

The simplicity of it is interesting...it's like an unpainted pet of an alternate species, but there's not really anything wrong with that. It does look prehistoric compared to the normal koi, and it's generally pretty cool. It's more like a "real" fish.

Now the koi just needs Darigan.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Silverevilchao wrote:This thing, I'm sure, looks INTENTIONALLY somewhat like the pre-vamp Koi.
I do believe you're right. The front webbed claws are indeed like the old Koi. It's much shorter and stockier than the current Koi, and at first I didn't like that but it does look like the swimming head that was the older version. It's got nostrils too. Ant the topfin thingy is similar to the old Koi's 'hawk.

That is quite ingenious in my opinion. I'd love a "devamp" paintbrush. This one's just subtle enough that we didn't notice right away, which I think is awesome. This Koi just got <b>much</b> better in my book.
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

Skitty wrote:Bwa? I was <i>sure</i> they'd do a coelecanth. How can you miss that? It's the most well known of prehistoric fish. This is not a coelecanth. Just a slightly spikey and perhaps bulkier average brown Koi.

*thumbs down*

My exact same thoughts. I was SO hoping for a coelecanth, I guess I just have to make do with the mutant koi.
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
mentalfloss

Post by mentalfloss »

Sagrei wrote:Who can skip in the mud with the greatest of ease?
What kind of wonderful guy?
Who can crawl like a dog without scraping his knees?
Who's got seg! men! ted! EYES!
It's Muuuuuuuddy! Muskipper! Muuuuuuuuuddy! Mudskipper! It's Muuuuuuuddy! Muskipper! It's MUDDY. MUUUUD. SKIIIIPPPEEERRR SHOOOOW. :'D

Nostalgia aside, this is a pretty good colour. c: It does have some old koi elements. <3 I likes, even though I WAS hoping for Dunkleosteus.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I love it -- it reminds me loads more of my beta fish than the normal koi. Probably because it looks much more fishy and less anthropomorphized and happy. If it were a dull red I would have to get one to commemorate my two dead fishies, Laertes and Finnegan, but the brown is nice enough, adds to the tyrannian-ness of it.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

It could be drawn better, but nice idea. Pretty creative.

Fae
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

I always thought that the Tyrannian Koi would have big gnashing teeth like some sort of Angler fish (I'm so glad that didn't happen, those deep sea fish are scary)
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Deep sea fish are my favorites things in the world next to insects. The mutant koi does sort of look like one already, though.

A mudskipper pet would have ruled, though they aren't too prehistoric either. They're just sort of adorable.

.....Until they open their mouths :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Scythemantis wrote:

Awwwwww.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Scythemantis wrote:Deep sea fish are my favorites things in the world next to insects. The mutant koi does sort of look like one already, though.

A mudskipper pet would have ruled, though they aren't too prehistoric either. They're just sort of adorable.

First thing I thought of was OMFGMUDDYMUDSKIPPER!!!

I used to love Ren and Stimpy
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The more I look at this pet, the more I like it.

In fact, I think I have a new paintbrush goal. I was waiting for a nice colour to paint my ExtravertedChicken, and I think this is it.