Pirate Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Atthis

Pirate Gnorbu

Post by Atthis »

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewclrs.ph ... e=&oldpos=

I don't really like it. The beads in the mane are a nice touch but other than that it's pretty boring. Didn't pirate use to be a redraw once upon a time?
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Looks like a biker to me.

I shudder to think of the outburst of PoTC Gnorbu spawned from this day forward.
colbatdragon

Post by colbatdragon »

Oi, looks like a PotC ripoff, with the beads...

Without them it woulda been decent :o
drablyar

Post by drablyar »

*giggles at the tiny wooden leg*
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I think it would have been much cooler if they had tied the braided the mane and put smoking ropes in it. I hear that Blackbeard did that.
Pants.

Post by Pants. »

I sorta like it
I like the beads even though they are copying PotC =P
braids could be all right on it, though, if they were drawn well.
So. The caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Captain Jack Llama? :/

It's okay, I guess. It looks a bit... naked, for some reason, but I like the tiny little peg leg. And I would say the spots being replaced with a skull was a nice idea if it hadn't been done on half a billion other pirate pets already. :P I guess the mane could stand to look a little scruffier.

Oh, and pirate was never *really* a redraw; there are exceptions like the Shoyru and Chomby but for the most part pirates were always just pissed-off grey pets with shiny accessories.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Haha, I love the jackbeads. And the skull-spot is cool, too.

...But that's about it. I find it hard to take this colour seriously every time they release a pet that isn't a redraw. I mean... c'mon.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Heh, this Gnorbu's a Jack Sparrow wannabe. How cute. xD
Contre Culture

Post by Contre Culture »

Saturn wrote:
...for the most part pirates were always just pissed-off grey pets with shiny accessories.
Exactly. And this pet does not have nearly enough ostentatiously shiny accessories. Beads and an earring? Any self-respecting pirate would have more bling. Overall, it's pretty standard, but I too am worried about another reference to PoTC...wasn't "Orlando Blumaroo" from the shop blogs enough to keep the fangirls happy? And I am a fangirl, mind you. I just don't like to see an amalgalm of Johnny Depp and a Gnorbu.
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

At first glance I, for some reason, thought of Blackbeard with the mane but after a closer look... yeah, beads. It does look as though they got inspiration from PoTc. Even if I actually do like the bead addition!

I still think the Gnorbu is an odd looking neopet. Try to recover from shock each time I see it.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

*points* It's Jack Sparrow! I really doubt I would own one of these, based on that pun along. But it's so adorable ^^;;

Fae
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

But, that's not a pun at all. Jack Pteri. That's a pun. This is just pitiful and dull.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I like it! Shocking, I know, as I hate gnorbus and have a distaste for all things pirate-y (I hated Pirates of the Carribean with a fierceness that knew no bounds.)

But it actually has a *rational* for having a mane! And for no other clear reason I have totally fallen in love with it. It has a beard and it's in character and not gratuitous. YAY. There shall be cartwheels and cakes and this day shall henceforth be known as "Not Illogical Mane/Ruff Day!"
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I like it. :)