Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aw, this reminds me of when the Royalgirl Usul came out before the redraw...you know, when her hair and ruff was ALL light purple, and that goofy expression on her face made it look like her nose was smashed in....

(Which is funny because I swear, NC bitched about this one so much that the redraw came up within a few days, with good reason too. I tried to force myself to like royalgirl at the time, but I couldn't.)

...okay, so cloud jubs aren't THAT bad. The cloud is good, but I can't help but think it needs a little "push". I can't really pinpoint it.[/img]
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
gidget

Post by gidget »

The cloud JubJub is a good try, but it misses the mark.

I believe what would help me like it more would be if they would darken the blue on the feet and use a darker blue outline instead of the black around both the feet and the eyes.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow.

THAT, my fellow users, is a creative pet. *pokes Cloud Jubbie and gets zapped*

You know what we need? A Pink Jubbie that looks like Kirby. With red feet and everything.
Copycat

Post by Copycat »

The cloud jubjub just looks wrong to me. It's not the pet, it's a cloud. With pets with manes, making them clouds from time to time is.. alright. I mean the cybunny was great. But all that this pet is is a mane. Now it's just a cloud. I'd much prefer a jubjub to be cloud colored than a big white ball of fluff. Like Aquas, that looks great. Bah, that cloud jubjub is utterly ridiculous. It looks nothing like a jubjub.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

It reminds me of a jigglypuff or...something. o_O

I agree with those who said that the concept's great, but the execution is a little off.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I think I know what else bothers me there... it looks like 3D eyes, mouth and feet on completely 2D cloud - somehow the thick purple line around the cloud makes it look even more two dimensional
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Aw, I LIKE the Cloud JubJub, a LOT. Well, not enough to warrant getting one, but I SO like the bold and creative attempt to do it that way. I wish more Cloud pets were done similarly...though I'm sure owners of the current ones would be upset. Sure, there are some things they could've done better (the cut-off piece, the black lines, the inconsistent mouth colors) but...I think this is really well done. I especially like the angry pose (VERY clever with the lightning, by the way!) and the sad (again, I love the rain heehee). I was pleasantly surprised and VERY amused upon seeing this on the new colors page. Bravo!
oconnka4

Post by oconnka4 »

Oooh I'm in loff *faints*

I might have to start zapping my coco jubbie... or even buy my first ever PB in nrealy 3 years

*huggles the puffiness*
ImageImage
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Bwahahaha, that is such a great pose. When I saw that on the news, I had to come over and see what you guys were saying about it XD

Shame a lot of you don't like it... I think it's brilliant :)
Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Hee I like it, full marks to tnt for making an actual cloud pet =D The emotion poses are nice, angry and sad are wonderful, and the battledome poses hold their own too.

The only weak link is the beaten pose... with angry and sad done the way they are, the beaten pose should really have been blown away - literally!
ishieness

Post by ishieness »

I'm just rapt with that ickle cottonball. :mrgreen:

Tis' so cute!
4ish4 . Sultan_Peppershaker

Scullea - Lenixe
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Cloud wins. Not executed well enough to make me want one, but it definitely wins at using the ideas we've been talking about for years.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Aw I love the Cloud Jubjub, it reminds me of whippy icecream. I like it when they use ideas like this, the fluffy cloud and emotion-weather thing, but also like the fact they don't overuse it. The only downside is the outline, it doesn't seem to feet especially around the feet and eyes.
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Although Jubjubs are not my favorite pets, I really like the cloud one. It's very cute and the concept itself is rather original and works well. The eyes somewhat bother me, they are too blue.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It's a piece of faerieland with feet! I love it.
If there was a way to make the angry picture the standard picture on quick ref and look up I would need one!

For now I am just happy it exists :D