Mutant Quiggle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Morbid's reminds me of Brundlefly if it were more brown.

If I could've picked a design for the mutant Buzz it would have been very similar for that reason.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Mistress Morbid wrote:I attempted a recolour so it wouldn't scream out mutant usul so much:

Ooh, I like this MUCH much more! Very nice color choice here, especially for the eyes. I approve of this 100%!
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I am cautiously optimistic about this one, though I'm not wild about the colour scheme. MM's is nicer, but still a little too pretty for me... I'm imagining a sickly sort of yellow instead. But then, I tend to think that sickly yellows are the perfect colour for mutant pets.

I love how he looks vaguely Igor-like. Like a very stupid sycophant.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Hah, the eyes on MM's make it look creepy rather than cute, but I like the different body colours :)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Alrighty, the rest of the poses are up!

How the heck does it have four fingers on the right hand in the happy and beaten poses, two in close attack, and three everywhere else? Not to mention, the blobby anatomy issues in the Battledome poses.
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 14 Jun 2006 03:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I count 4 everywhere. Perspective hides a couple in some of the poses, but they are all there.
Image Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Including Ranged Attack? Right hand looks like it's missing a finger, if the fourth's supposed to be a thumb, shouldn't it be visible?

bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I count four fingers in ranged attack. The thumb's folded under in the right hand. It looks perfectly normal to me. "Normal" in that mutated blobby fingers way, of course.

And eeeee I like the rest of the poses too! I especially like the green glow-in-the-dark teeth. If I had more love for squishy mutated blobs than I do, I would certainly want to own one of these. SO CUTE and icky and blobby and I still kind of want one even though it wouldn't fit anywhere.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I do like the color of the teeth, but that's about it.
Image Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Now I can say:
Great Quiggle and another great mutant.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Any the rest of the poses are equaly brillinat! :D Possibly my favourite mutant pet!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I don't like the circle pose much, but the rest are good. This one is excellent:

roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Wah, one of the best, if not the best, Mutant Pet around. I love the angry poses!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Haha, LOVE the Circle pose. It just looks so cute and brain-dead there. And the radioactive looking green teeth are a really nice touch. Aaaand for some reason... I really like the big lump on its head in Beaten. o.o It looks infected, which is... oddly fitting, given the color.

Overall, I think it's totally adorable, which normally doesn't sound like it'd be a good thing for a Mutant to be, but in this case, it just... works. I want to hug it. But not without a towel to wipe all the drool off myself.

Image Image
I think it makes a pretty nice match... because of the drool and the color and the overall body shape.
Deku

Post by Deku »

....ew. The only poses I like are angry, happy, and sad. The BD ones and circle are fugly....shame, I love the happy pose so much.

7/10 :/