Mutant Quiggle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Yeah, none of the poses are as cool as happy...but it's a good mutant.

And I, too, can see all the fingers just fine.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I love it. Its poses are mostly all different and it's all well drawn. ^^

"My head hurts but I'll get you tomorrow..."
ImageImage
Phlizz

Post by Phlizz »

In contrast to everyone else who's mentioned them so far, I really like this except for the glow-in-the-dark teeth. I don't like the combination of colours with that and the dull purple; a more subdued tone would've been better, methinks. Both the colour and the concept clash with the pet overall - at least, I'd expect a scuzzy mutant like this to have mouldy yellow or brown teeth... perhaps they're falsers.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Btw new mutant quiggle avvie is a clickable one:

http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?sel ... ntasmuffin

This girl chandra1221 gave up her ffq to paint it mutant.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Hee, I love it how everyone sees this as weird, freaky, cool and cute simultaneously. Because it is! <3 Kudos to the artist on that regard.

As for the poses, I'd have to say the happy looks *somehow* better artistically and characteristically than the others, but the emotive poses are still all awesome. The battledome poses look a little too rushed though, particularly with regards to the feet. But the mutant idea is pulled off very nicely and there are no qualms with inconsistencies either.

I don't really associate the usul with this guy, particularly because in Riddlerworld, the former does not exist =D

'Tis a nifty pet overall, and one I'd definitely get if I had the spare room. Not exactly OMGmustget!-worthy but I'm sure it has the potential - again kudos to the artist for creating such a mutated-yet-lovable pet!
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Ok, my new post since the poses are already out.

I really like it, maybe not enough to have one ( and since the transmog potion isn't even out yet *I think*, it will probably remain expensive for a while ). It's a nice pet overally, the poses are good, although not great.
Mesmirez

Post by Mesmirez »

I adore the circle pose! It's so scuzzy! :D It's a very, very good mutant in my opinion. Triple-eyed hunchbacks are cool... if only it had a few extra limbs it'd be perfect. It does not match the xweetok in pwnyness, but it is certainly a wonderful mutant.
Thanks TheLoneTiel for the siggy^^

Sub | Neo | DA
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

zebru wrote:Btw new mutant quiggle avvie is a clickable one:

http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?sel ... ntasmuffin

This girl chandra1221 gave up her ffq to paint it mutant.
Wow,
That girl is smart.
From now on she will be famous, and help sites will have links to her pet.
She can price her shop the way she like it and people will be giving her stuff.
It was the best way to spend a FFQuest I've ever seen.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

...why will they be giving her stuff? 0.o
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Um, yeah.... I really don't think they will. To be honest, the majority of users smart enough to use fansites are going to be smart enough not to just buy from the shop of someone with an avatar pet. And as for those on the neoboards... a new avatar will be out tomorrow and this one will be forgotten.

Anyhoooo, I like this pet -a lot-. Don't know whether I'll get one but it inspired me to get a quiggle to zap. The beaten pose is especially awesome:

I think this is a neat addition to the quiggle clan <3
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

......My mutant bruce was one of the first linked to for the avatar, and I've gotten random presents ever since. Also hordes of battledome challenges, noob questions, and gibberish!!!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

It's not really the same thing, but I have a rarely-used side account that has two pets with very common real-word names on it and I used to get MOUNTAINS of neofriend requests, challenges, and HAI CAN I HAVE UR PET??? (all from complete strangers who I guess found my pet by typing random stuff into the searchbar) until I finally got smart and turned all that stuff off on that account. No presents or anything, but yeah, if it's easy enough for random people to stumble onto your account then you're bound to get tons of total strangers bugging you in some way or another.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Did you know a bruce transmogrification potion costs the same as a grarrl one. Seriously, go look it up.

Who the hell would pay the same for a grarrl potion as they would for a bruce one?

You know what's even cheaper than that? Elephante and buzz. Who's pricing these? Who would value a mutant chia over the bruce or the buzz? It's not that people don't like the art, because the kiko is drawn to the same standard and it's more expensive.

Who would pay 80k for the current mutant grarrl? I was going to buy a potion because I figured they would be cheap and I was going to whinge at TNT to revamp it because it's shit and I hate it and it could be cool.
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

This Quiggle is cool. It's hat vacant stare it has in it's eyes in half its poses. Luff <3
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Cheese wrote:Did you know a bruce transmogrification potion costs the same as a grarrl one. Seriously, go look it up.

Who the hell would pay the same for a grarrl potion as they would for a bruce one?

You know what's even cheaper than that? Elephante and buzz. Who's pricing these? Who would value a mutant chia over the bruce or the buzz? It's not that people don't like the art, because the kiko is drawn to the same standard and it's more expensive.

Who would pay 80k for the current mutant grarrl? I was going to buy a potion because I figured they would be cheap and I was going to whinge at TNT to revamp it because it's shit and I hate it and it could be cool.
Cheese, what are the rarities of those potions?
Some may be much cheaper because they are low rarity.

Scythemantis: Do you have a donation shop? If you don't you could make it and put a message on your Bruce's page. You gotta capitalize on the fame. ;)