Royal Kau

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I'm not very fond of these. I do think the Royalgirl looks a bit like Bloody Mary though ( I think that's who I'm thinking of).

Edit: Actually I think I'm thinking of Mary Queen of Scots...
Image Image Image
Mesmirez

Post by Mesmirez »

Personally, I like some of the anthro-ier royal pets -- royalgirl eyries are my favorites, and the royalboy/royalgirl zafaras are flat-out lovely -- but only if they're done right. Kaus, I think, could only stay quadropeds, because even with the coolness of Minotaurs they'd probably have to do something to butcher their hands and twist their poor little kau bodies in indiscribable manners.

But the girl does look rather overdressed. Jeezis, what's with the furry collar AND the random maraquan-ish fin?
Thanks TheLoneTiel for the siggy^^

Sub | Neo | DA
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Eww. I don't like either of these. The boy does look like he's about to fall over, and the red color of his body and the red color of his hooves really seem to clash to me. And as everyone's said, the girl is wearing WAY too much clothing. Bleah.
<3
covetiveness

Post by covetiveness »

Am I the only one who thinks the royalgirl Kau looks like the royalboy Kau's evil stepmother? She looks like this old, evil queen and he looks like this tiny, awkward little boy.

But anyway. I like some things on the girl- the yellow color and then hair swirling up the horns is a nice concept. But the collar thingy, or whatever's by her neck, reminds me of those dinosaurs in Jurassic Park that shot poisen. That's not a good thing.

There's nothing that I can say about the boy that haven't already been said. Too plain, looks like a red kau that somebody slapped an ugly cape on.
Current goal: Uhh...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Once again, circle trumps happy. I actually quite like it in the circle pose, if only it werent drunk in happy.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I'm glad it's not anthro. Very glad. I am not glad that whoever made them didn't know how the legs of hoofed mammals work and has the joints all messed up. The hooves are blocky and clumsy looking and in general it strikes me as unattractive. If it didn't have clothes covering it I'd like to see where the artist thought all those limbs would be positioned.
mentalfloss

Post by mentalfloss »

I don't know why the majorirty seems so anti anthro for this colour. But maybe that's just me being the anthro fiend I am.

Anyhow. This colour. Just..ick. The boy is very plain and the girl, the head is brilliant, and her hair is wonderful, but the body is so poorly executed.

Yes, anthro, yes you're gonna hate it, but look at the front page image.

It really does look so much nicer.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I can't say for certain how many, but there a quite a few people who dislike anthro in general for Neopets, and some who out and out loathe the extremely anthro royals. Trust me, you do not want to hear me rant especially. It's like watching your grandpa play golf, only with more chainsaws.
ethuilathelas

Post by ethuilathelas »

I think the girlie kau has way too much going on, and I don't just mean the clothes, although I agree she looks like she has pants on her front legs and a skirt on the back.... even the hair is too much - too many lines, too many curls, too many things to look at. It's really hard to focus on.
Amimain

Post by Amimain »

I have to say I like the girl better than the boy. She sort of remins me of Queen Elizabeth. :D

My only disappointment is that we have another set of traditional British Isles-type royals. I would have loved to see them do something a bit diferent, like they did with the Draik, Shoyru, and Mynci. Personally I'm waiting for Indian type royals, or even desert. You'd think they would have come out with some sort of Qasalan royals by now.
ImageImage