Grey Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Armi

Post by Armi »

They're both great, though I don't like Eyrie as much for this pose.
The tail should have stayed lowered. After the fuss my art teacher gave on our griffins with their tails, grey eyrie shouldn't have a raised tailed. It's depressed. >_>
But I got forced fed that.

Good art nonetheless.

Anyways, Acara has to be done by Shroomy. The style screams it. I'm not even an Acara fan and I love grey Acara. Very fluid and emotinal. Plus, I just love the line art.
Good to see her art in a pet color again. Least one I remember was Darigan Bori. <3

EDIT: Wait...something is weird about that's eyrie's wings, but I can't put my finger on it...
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Kari

Post by Kari »

I like the Eyrie's flightless wings. Like it's been plucking itself because it's so depressed.
Last edited by Kari on 23 Jun 2006 09:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derp
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I don't like the eyrie, but I don't particularly like eyries in general. The wings bother me. It looks like they couldn't decide if they wanted to have them almost completely plucked like the uni, or just make them ragged and old. I can't help thinking it only has 6 giant feathers. Why are they standing straight up anyway and not laying at its side? I've never been one to think that eyries have ears, but the way the feathers are drawn in the circle and happy pose makes them look like droopy dog ears. It's not godawful like the gooey melty pets like the poogle and peophin, but it's not good either.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I really don't like the Eyrie's face in this pose.
It just doesn't look to me like the face it would do while being hit.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I remember the Grey thing with Shroomy. basically, if I remember right, she had drawn most of the first batch of grey pets, and we here were ahving multiple nerdgasms. If I remember correctly, Another artist complained that Shroomy was doing all the grey pets, so TNT asked her not to draw anymore for a while. I guess that thhey forgot, or lifted it, or something...
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's nice but it's not great to me. Looks more bored than depressed, it's a long way off the worst Grey pet, but it's still not one I'd want to own.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Huggles wrote:It's not godawful like the gooey melty pets like the poogle and peophin
*shakes fist*!! I like the peos :P!

...but I have to agree with you Huggles on the eyrie. Normal Eyrie wings are big and graceful, and these are so shrunken and withered, which I understand is supposed to be a nice feature in theory, but it's executed poorly. I'm disappointed that such a nice species got short changed.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCD

Post by TCD »

Meh, something's off with the face but other than that it ain't bad. Wouldn't own one, personally....but then again, this one doesn't have the wing size changes the others do.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The wings look too small... I mean, I know WHY they're like that, but it looks kinda weird on this pet...

BUT, I like the black mane, and the droopyness of the fur on its face, and the Angry pose is really cute. It's decently ragged and dumpy looking, even if the art is somewhat bland as far as Grey pets go. It's still a total redraw and better than a lot of other Greys, so thumbs up, I guess.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm going to be blunt, sorry.

I.. hate it.

I think it's awful.

It's so BORING. ._.;

Okay, maybe I'm all alone on this but I hate it. Yes. The grey acara is so much better.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Hmm o_o Not sure where I stand on this one. I like the Defended and Hit poses, but the rest of them are not so good to me. And the wings are very creepily connected to the same side of the body in most of the poses. And the beak is physically droopy o_O;; Overall, not something I'd get myself. But I like little bits of it, like the pulled-out feather look and the black mane. But otherwise... meh.

I said 'but' a lot. XD;
<3
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

I want to like it. I really, really do. Gotta love eyries and the colour grey in general... and yet, this really doesn't do much for me. I would keep it if I got it from the lab as I can imagine it'd be a lovely template for a custom design of some sort, but I don't think I'd ever willingly fork over however much it costs to buy a grey paint brush for that art.

It's the beak that bugs me. Squished parrot beak or something. Very curved and droopy, the cere/top bit of the beak that connects to the head practically vanishes in the circle and happy poses. The forehead above the far eye looks too curved, too, especially with the shading and lines on the opposite side giving the illusion that the head has a flat slope. Eh. Just odd looking. Or something.

On the other hand, I really like that pose. So much angst.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Well, I like it.

It's not perfect. The head in the happy/circle pose seems a bit awkward, and the wings don't look quite right - but I like that they're tattered, and some of the poses (particularly angry) are wonderful. I don't know that I'd want to own one, but I think it's one of the better grey pets - certainly better than some of the recent ones.
Signature by Tom
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the angry pose for the line of the back. Lovely. The black ruff is nice, too; a good touch.

I can't stand it, though. The wings are broken in half the poses, and not in ways they <i>should</i> be broken. I'm disturbed at how they point in two different directions for no reason.
Image Image
Nacho_Diablo

Post by Nacho_Diablo »

Hmmmm. I don't dislike it.... :|
But I don't particularly like it either. :|

I think its one of those pets where I just won’t make up my mind.

However I do agree that the angry pose is fantastic.
I laid back, looked at the stars, and wondered where my roof went.