Grey Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Grey Eyrie

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewclrs.ph ... &pet=Eyrie

:shock:

Huggles edit: Since I couldn't really split this post, I've made another thread for the grey acara. New colors should only have one thread if they are closely related or equally unimportant. I.E. Royalgirls and royalboys, new redraw color and a basic color fill for a species, the same basic colorfill for different species.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I really like both, but something seems a bit off with the Eyrie's face.

Did Shroomy draw the Acara? I thought for some reason she wasn't allowed to draw anymore Grey pets...
Image Image Image
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

LOL

x3 Amuses me
Nothing To See Here
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Acara is wonderful. Almost on par with Grey Gelert and Ixi.

Eyrie... Not the best, but I want. The wings are much too small to fly with, but I guess I can let it slide. Black mane is gorgeous. The most senior/powerful lions have the darkest mane, so this guy doesnt look particularly depressed, just like an old elder eyrie past his prime. The face is off, too droopy or something.

But still. I want.

*luffs*
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

I love the acara :) Not so sure about the eyrie, but I think it will grow on me!
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I thought for some reason she wasn't allowed to draw anymore Grey pets...
Really? Why was that?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Acara is teriffic! Those eyes! I think it's Shroomy's doing as well :D
*Note to herself: Get an acara and start labing*

Nut sure about the eyrie. I like the angry pose and the form of wings but the face somehow looks to small and squashed to transmit any type of emotions.

Those are the last colours I was expecting to be out now...
Last edited by zebru on 23 Jun 2006 08:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

This new Eyrie is great, but there's something weird about it. In some poses, it looks like both wings are attached to the same side of the body. Also, the face looks too smallin some of the poses. But it's a great pet, overall, compared to the last Grey pets we got. 8/10
Last edited by roger9614462 on 23 Jun 2006 09:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

An Acara I like...*boggles*

I agree with Monkeyguy - there's something about the eyrie's face that bothers me...too bad too.
Phlizz

Post by Phlizz »

...Just today, I was looking at my pets and wishing they'd make Grey for my Eyrie, as it would be the ideal colour for him. And now they have. And I love it. (Shame I wouldn't be able to afford it even if I saved for years - maybe if I wish real hard for a cheap FFQ, that'll happen too?)

The wings are wonderful - and they actually connect from the shoulders! (as opposed to from somewhere in the middle of the ribs like the standard Eyrie.) They look so small and ragged, you have to wonder if it can still fly with them - which is quite fitting, thinking back to the Grey Faerie who has lost her wings. I also really like the different shades of grey used, the darker patches around the elbows and in particular the colouring on the face are nice touches.

This, with its sulky/disdainful expression, has to be my favourite pose:
The Eyrie's a proud creature so I'm glad they didn't make it too despairing, let it keep some of its attitude.

As for the Acara... I guess it's nice, but I don't much care for any Acara, and this one doesn't really change my mind on that.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Scythemantis wrote:
Really? Why was that?
I don't think we ever got a real reason. It could be that they want to give several artists a chance to work on a colour and she had done her quota...
Image Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Monkeyguy wrote:
Scythemantis wrote:
Really? Why was that?
I don't think we ever got a real reason. It could be that they want to give several artists a chance to work on a colour and she had done her quota...
Are you thinking of the artist with the Grey Draik and Faerie Eyrie?

If so, that wasnt Shroomy, and no, we don't know what problems that artist was having with the rest of staff that prevented those pets from being released.

Or if that wasnt what you were thinking of, Shroomy only works during the summer, IIRC. So we don't get any of her pets during the school year, because she is in university.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are thinking of, I never heard anything about Shroomy not being able to draw more grey pets. But I will agree that the acara looks like her style.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

It was a long time ago, back on the original forum when the a couple staff artist still posted there. Nothing relating to the Draik or Faerie Eyrie mystery though.
Image Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

This is orgasmic I swear.
...well, you know.

I have never noticed how much Eyrie(s?) look like Hippogriffs before, which is weird as now it seems very obvious.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Does anyone notice that the grey Eyrie resembles one that was recently done here by a member? I forget who... but she did a lot of pets. When I saw the Eyrie on the front page, I thought of her. "The Eyrie had lots of little bits that "Grey"ed nicely."

It looks so droopy and pathetic, and the wings are, technically, the right size, they just lack a lot of flight feathering. It's like he's so sad he's plucked them all out, like birds do when they get depressed/frustrated. His beak is a bit droopy, but I guess they just wanted to give him that sad, Basset hound face that some other greys have. Would've worked better on a different pet though, since Eyries have beaks...

The Acara is sufficiently pitiful. It looks scared and ashamed in some pictures... I know where I've seen that face! The Fox and the Hound! Tod makes that face when he's been scolded =)
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>