Grey Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
covet

Post by covet »

I think it's stunning, all apart from the face.

Such a letdown, I'd own one of these in a heartbeat if they only fixed the beak. As it is, the only pose I totally like is angry.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Neither of these are shoomy-pets. The Acara I'm not 100% about, although I'm fairly sure it isn't, but the Eyrie definitely was not done by her.

You can tell because it's...y'know... not good.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I have to agree with most of you...I'm not a huge fan of Grey, but a few of the pets do impress me with amazing artistry and emo-sense. The one thing that bugs me most obout this Eyrie, echoed by everyone, is the droopy ever-changing beak.

But the angry pose has me thinking I need to dedicate a petpage somewhere to displaying "favorite poses of pet colors I don't otherwise like." Grey Eyrie and Baby Uni - both angry poses are totally for the win. :) And yet somehow, now that I mention those two specifically, the pose is similar. See?
Image"I ain't talkin' to you no more." "Fine!"Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Fjorab_Teké wrote:
But the angry pose has me thinking I need to dedicate a petpage somewhere to displaying "favorite poses of pet colors I don't otherwise like."
Hmm... I like the sound of that. I'd love to see that topic discussed here. Maybe I'll just create one ;)

Back to topic... the more I look at eyrie the more I dislike it I'm afraid. There is something just wrong with the art. It feels thick lined, but it isn't. And somehow it's drawn very simplisticly for something that shoud have a magnificence of a defeted lion... In hands of a right artist this could have been so much more.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Ruud

Post by Ruud »

Well, they put a lot detail in it.
Aldanax

Post by Aldanax »

Well, I like it. The wings are a big annoyance though, but I can let it pass... its a pity though, because when you think of the poses without those awkward looking wings, they are all wonderful (With the exception of the strange looking face on the hit and beaten poses). It somehow seems to remind me more of a lion than usual, which is a nice touch... I like the colours choosen as well.

If only the wings could be fixed... they look as if though they are missing some part of the structure. They don't look like wings, they look more like stumps with 3 feathers stuck on them.

7.5/10....
Float

Post by Float »

I love it so much. The wings don't bother me, the beeks don't bother me, the whole eyrie looks so.. sturdy. And good.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I like it, but I'd like it more without its silly palm-frond looking wing feathers. I think the body and face are well-done, and the beak is pleasantly parrot-like. Overall, a good pet. If I had an eyrie I'd consider this.
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

No..I have to disagree with what I've read.
The Eeyrie has to be by far better than the acara. The acara to me is too plain and so I don't like it however a lot more effort was put into the Eeyrie. It's wings, it's expression...everything about it is gorgeous!
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I love, love, love the angry pose. And the close attack is also not too bad. Because in these two the beak isn't squashed. I want to like it but I can't. The beak irks me too much. *sigh*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

This is alright. It's not as good as the acara, but it certainly could have been a lot worse.

It's good to see Shroomy doing grey pets again. You can really see a huge drop in quality when drawn by someone else. Besides, if you're going to pay however many millions for the brush, the very least TNT could do is make sure the pets don't look like crap.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This definitely isn't a Shroomy pet, and I think the Acara isn't, either- this one looks like it might be done by snowbunny (look at the similarities between it and Talinia in nq2- beak, frown, paws), and the other one's too shiny and light. It also doesn't have the trademark hash in the hit pose, or slashes in Beaten...though, of course, she doesn't necessarily have to do that with every pet she draws. I don't know.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Jazzy wrote:It also doesn't have the trademark hash in the hit pose, or slashes in Beaten...though, of course, she doesn't necessarily have to do that with every pet she draws. I don't know.
Ahh, but didn't Shroomy do the grey kyrii? Like you said, she doesn't have to do that with every pet xD The grey kyrii doesn't have the 'hashes' as you put it in its design...

But I could tell this wasn't a Shroomy pet. The grey acara, I don't know so much. But then, I'm the weird one who really really hates this grey eyrie xD;
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

No, the Kyrii isn't hers, either.

The only grey pets I think she's done are the Ixi, Yurble, Gelert and the battledome poses of the Flotsam. Potentially the Jetsam, too, but I think that's it.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Shmoe wrote:No, the Kyrii isn't hers, either.

The only grey pets I think she's done are the Ixi, Yurble, Gelert and the battledome poses of the Flotsam. Potentially the Jetsam, too, but I think that's it.
Just the battledome poses of the Flotsam?