Mutant and Electric Flotsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Mutant isn't bad, I don't really know what I was expecting really. Flotsams are a little boring (with the exception of Royalgirl of course), but I don't really think they need a makeover, or maybe not as bad as others *coughpeophinandscorchiocough* Electric: can't comment on colorfills because they don't sway me either way.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

No rewamp? :( Well, I supose there's always next year...

Mutant has some nice touches and poses but I it's pretty unexciting overall for me. It's a bit too busy, but pretty dark colours even it out.
Last edited by zebru on 29 Jun 2006 04:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Gah, I was hoping for a revamp as well. Maybe Neo will suprise us, they have done it in the past after releasing colors beforhand.

That said, Mutant isn't really doing it for me. I like the eyes and slime, but overall it's not that exciting.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Armi

Post by Armi »

I LOVE mutant flotsam! O_O I gotta get one when the trans comes out...unless I get bored before Flotsam days comes. >_> Need to sell some stuff before hand.
The poses are wonderful and I love the slime drool splatter. Only complant I can muster is that it's pretty dark so some details look weird.

Electric is...meh. Mutant's better...I'm bias as hell right now. *whistles*
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Wow, I actually... like the Mutant? And I don't really like any other Flotsam colors besides Royal so that's saying something. I like the multiple eyes, and that slobbery ranged attack pose is great. Nice dark colors, too. Heh, it looks so... disgruntled in the Circle pose. XD

Though I'm kind of surprised they didn't turn the horn into an anglerfish lure thing (and yes I know it's already been done with the Tuskaninny, bear with me). That just seems somewhat obvious to me :P
Float

Post by Float »

The mutant is wonderful, its so perfect! I love the black spiky things on it, and every one of its creepy eyes. Aww...
*idontneedmorepetsidontneedmorepetsidontneedmorepets*
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Hee, that happy pose is cute. It's like a puppy with its tongue hanging out! A mutated, disgusting puppy. ^_^
Signature by Tom
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

Mutant love. The multiple eyes, the ridges on the mouth, the tongue, the slime, the spikes. Just love. Wouldn't own one if just because of account space limitations, but very nice concept and artwork. Love those thin lines, the variety in the poses. Loveit.

On the other hand, the electric is positively boring and a dandy reminder of just why the pet species as a whole needs to be revamped. Uck.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I don't like the mutant that much, I'm very disappointed the Flotsam didn't get a revamp.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Mutant is lovely, I think it's one of the best mutants there are.

As a flotsam fan, I'm going to go and smash my head in the corner now as I witnessed the monstrosity of an electric flotsam indictating there is to be no revamp, excuse me.
ImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That has to have been the fastest orginal art set change ever, Armi.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Huggles wrote:That has to have been the fastest orginal art set change ever, Armi.
It's happens when I go gah-gah over a new neopets art. =P Just had to make a set of it after I finished drawing it. XD I really want this flotsam... :oops:
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The mutant is growing on me, the more I look at it. It's probably my second favorite Flotsam, after the Royals.

But why.the.hell. are they NOT getting a REVAMP? Guh. So outdated. They look HORRID. Electric is already a shit color but on a shit pet, it just looks worse. A giant pile of electric shit. HAPPY FLOTSAM DAY.

... I assume it's coming up at least >>
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Weee the Mutant Flotsam amuses me. XD The colors are really pretty on it, too. It just shows the lovely potential that Flotsams have, which is being wasted because they're not getting revamped. Ugh. They need it so, so badly :/

Electric sucks the big one. Blech. Stupid Flotsams.
<3
Paint

Post by Paint »

I love the little black spikes at the ends of the fins and such ^^ And the tongue is great.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.