Tyrannian and Striped Ixis!

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

There's definitely /something/ overall about the Tyrannian ixi I like - I just can't pinpoint it at the moment x) The whole thing looks a bit botched, in particular the body shape, huh.

The forehead could do with some shrinking, or the eyes raised, but maybe I'm just being ignorant and all primitive goat-type things had long skulls =P The underhanging jaw's cute, and definitely prehistoric-looking, so no qualms there. I like the look of it especially in the angry pose =D

Eyebrows I find a tad too bushy - halve the, erm, height and you'd still have the Tyrannian thing going on without murdering the credibility. Bleh.

Other yay aspects include horns, colour scheme, patterning and hoof-thingies, ignoring the apparent flatness of the latter. Shame the overall product isn't as spiffy.

I like it that the boundaries are being slightly stretched with the purple stripes of the striped, purdy =3 The eye and collar -matchings are a small but oft-forgotten consideration for which I give the colourer a cookie.
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I love the Tyrannian Ixi. The colors (the green of the eyes is pretty), the poses, the little details (like the markings on its fur), I love everything about it.

The Striped is cool, I like it.

When you say that every Ixi redraws are awesome, I don't get it. There's one color which kill the entire thing. Did you look at the Baby Ixi?
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Bah, I'm disappointed on the T-Ixi.
I have not liked the last Tyrannians released. :(
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Eugh, this is the first shoomy-ixi-redraw that I'm not a fan of.
I knew you were going to say that, heh. It just...confuses me. The forehead is really large (the plushie ixi has a big one, but this is bigger), the back legs are strangely bent (see the sad pose; the back leg's a >), and the belly in Hit is misshapen (it's doing a Grey Peophin). I'd wanted something like the ixi Huggles posted, rather than a tyrannian lenny-like ixi.
Ruud

Post by Ruud »

Well, the Tyrannian Ixi is just...BLEH The marks are okay I guess...
The Striped Ixi is just a Striped Ixi.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I don't think much of the colours they've chosen for Striped - I don't think they go together particularly well, and since the gimmick of Striped pets is just the stripes as far as I'm concerned this is more of a miss than a hit.

Tyrannian is different, though, and my immediate reaction was I like it. Having said that I don't particularly like the horns coming out of the front of the forehead, just a little too low - Especially in the Happy pose where the horn and eyebrow on its left clash, the eyebrow appearing on top of the horn as if it is not attached to the Ixi's face. Also, in ranged attack poses, the horns seem to be at a different angle, tilted further back on its head. Small gripes for a pet I actually think is about as good as could be expected.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

Did I ever take a sharp stick and poke at this? I suppose not. Uhm, with all bluntness, I don't like the Tyrannian Ixi's chin. The end.

Quid pro quo.

That being said, however random and pointless, I still don't like it. All aspects that might be good within the artwork, the colour, the pattern, the line-art, and the poses just curl up and weep when the jaw gives way to that chin. Would taking off the cave-man 'ArgMeHungry' chin really have ruined the Tyrannian image? Quite frankly... I don't think so. Which is a shame. It has bull-like horns. Go them. I'd have been all conflicted about limited account space with horns like those but no, it just had to go and have The Chin and Eyebrows of Ultimate Evil.

The glaring colours on Striped aren't so much with the wonderful either.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Well, I'm not sure what they were thinking with the tyrannian ixi, but it's ugly >>;; I liked striped, as good as I can like a colorfill anyway.

Fae
dicewing

Post by dicewing »

I didn't like it at first, but I quite like it now. I think it would have looked better if it had a reptillian touch to it. I was thinking of it's head to be more shaped like a triceratops.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

The tyrannian ixi is pretty good but it just doesn't appeal to me.

I think lighter shades would of worker better on the striped.
Not all who wander are lost.