Tyrannian and Striped Ixis!

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Seerow wrote: Yay, some more Tyrannian Ixi love. And if I recall, you also like Ogrins too? I do believe we are the only ones on the whole of NC that does :|
Hey I don't HATE ogrins xD I just don't like to look at them when my lab turns my pets into one xD Actually, I had an ogrin lab-pet for a LONG time, but finally got sick of him being ELECTRIC (really, a horrid color on ogrins)so I morphed him e_e) but they don't make me have a seizure and cry.

I would like the tyranian Ixi more if its chin wasn't ginormous. ...Among other faults.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Seerow wrote:
It's like a dark purple-pink-hybrid color.

Yay, some more Tyrannian Ixi love. And if I recall, you also like Ogrins too? I do believe we are the only ones on the whole of NC that does :|

I am seriously considering turning my pet Musical into this. I have a whole story and everything planned out.
Curse those hybrid colors. :oops:

Yep, I love Ogrin, but I still haven't seen a color to pet Kai_va. :( Very few Ogrins fans here.

On Tyran Ixi, I guess I like that big chin for the fact it's suppose to be primative. *shrugs* Adds character, I say.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I rather like the Tyrannian, too. Something about it screams "Bighorm Sheep!" to me.

Striped = no comment.

I've warmed up to Ogrins. I don't hate them as much.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I thought the tyrannian was badly drawn like the gnorbu to start with. But upon closer inspection it seems it's not. It was saved, and I don't mind it.

The striped isn't bad, nothing original or particularly pretty in my opinion, but nice.
ImageImage
watermirrors

Post by watermirrors »

Why have tyrannian pets been so bulky and cartoony lately? It's kind of appealing, but nothing like the tyrannian peophin.

Striped is boring.
Ensign Edison

Post by Ensign Edison »

Tyrannian looks just awful. Striped is nice for striped. And I love Ogrins.

Well, that was useful.
--Craxodile on Subetax--
--Many thanks to Twofold Black for the icon
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

My initial reaction to the Tyrannian Ixi was one of "Buh?!" as it was simply not what I was expecting. I have to say though, that after a few minutes of staring, it's grown on me, especially the tail. I'd like Tyrannian to look a bit more, well prehistoric without looking like Flintstones Neanderthals, however, so I wish they'd eased up on the heavy brow and underbite. Overall, though, I like.
hauntedoll

Post by hauntedoll »

Well a dissapointment is a nice way to start the day. It's not that big of a dissapointment since I hadn't been waiting for a Tyrannian Ixi but the topic got me all excited. u___u;

Where did they get the idea that Tyrannian pets should have big heads, and big jaws especially? The head itself is not bad (and the horns are actually awesome) but it doesn't fit together with that body. I was propably hoping for something that looked like a musk ox (okay, they don't look very Ixi-like but still) or something similar to what Huggles succested.

The striped one is stripy-er than the other striped pets. I'm not sure whether or not I like it. The colour of the stripes is bothering me a bit but how they made the collar match is a big plus.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Eugh, this is the first shoomy-ixi-redraw that I'm not a fan of.

Well, I actually quite like the Hit pose, but I'm not crazy about the rest. I think it would be okay if not for the jaw and the eyebrows. The 'brows are too big, even for Tyrannian. And the weird/scary underbite is just... too big for anything.

The horns are pretty. As is Striped.

Mmmmixis.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
bolebeau

Post by bolebeau »

Overall I like the Tyrannian Ixi. The battle poses and the beaten pose are good, but the large jaw kind of puts me off. Maybe it would have worked for me if the upper jaw had been bigger as well, now it just looks... a bit mentally challenged. That's what bothers me about a lot of Tyrannian (and mutant) pets. You can do prehistoric or mutant without turning the pets into mildly retarded versions of their old selves. Just look at the Tyrannian Acara or Cybunny, or the Mutant Ixi.

Striped is good. I mean, I'm a big fan of Ixi's, so anything that actually looks like one is good in my book. I like the darker version of the regular colours, although I think I could have preferred something different all together. A little variety in the colour scheme wouldn't hurt anyone. Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much from the group of people who couldn't make the connection Striped Uni = Zebra.
solarith

Post by solarith »

I dunno. I actually kinda like the simpleness and the design of the Tyrannian Ixi. It's growing on me. ;) I rather like the Circle pose the most.

Just dunno if I'd get one, as I'm not sure if I could come up with a proper design centered around it.

It's cool, though.

Striped is striped, however, and is rather boring. Nicely done for the color, though. :)
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I like the tyrannian ixi. No pink eyes and stupid collar (main reasons I don't like the regular ixis). It reminds me a bit of The Beast from the Beauty and the Beast.
LΟL
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

The Tyrannian Ixi is just ugly. Ugly in an art way, and ugly in a concept way. I was really hoping for something nice like the Tyrannian Peo for the Ixi.

Ixi have lost their record as being the pet with all fabulous redraws. Just awful :/

Striped on the other hand is pretty and nice, especially in the circle pose.
Kralia

Post by Kralia »

Tyrannian just reminds me of the old flat art so much. Not sure why, because it's not really.

Also, Ixi's are herbivores, yes? And the Tyrannian's has pointy, carnivorous-looking teeth. I'm just kind of bothered by that.
Last edited by Kralia on 07 Jul 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

The Tyrannian ixi looks clumsily drawn, to me, and not much like an ixi - they've kept the short nose and hooves, but nothing of the ixi-ness, if you see what I mean.

I don't think all Tyrannian pets have to be brutish - the peophin isn't, and I love it. I'm sure there was a prehistoric deerlike creature they could've based this on more successfully.

Striped - eh, striped is just another colour bound to turn up on my lab before Gwynella turns Robot, like she's supposed to.