Tyrannian and Striped Ixis!

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Mmm.. shaggy. It's.. ugly and not ixish, I do like the little mottled marks though.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

My first impression of the Tyrannian is "eugh!" I guess I just don't like shaggy things.
Image Image
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Tyrannian's just too...ugly for me to like. I know that's the whole Tyrannian look, the whole big jaw/bushy eyebrow caveman look. But it's just too ugly.

Striped is rather nice for a colourfill. Darker than the usual colours, and the circle pose looks quite pretty.

Last edited by Mistress Morbid on 07 Jul 2006 03:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

um yeah. They both are...sucktastic.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Tyrannian's kinda meh. I would like it more without that monstrous chin or doofy smile, but I guess that would detract from its Tyrannian..ish..ness. I was hoping for a strong, dignified mountain goat.

Striped is good because they had the sense to change the colour of the eyes and neckband. Many other colours don't get that consideration and end up clashy.
Last edited by Griffin on 07 Jul 2006 03:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I...think...I...kinda...like...it. The Tyrannian one that is. I don't know why I like it, I just do. This is of course coming from the same person who loves the Tyrannian Lenny and hates the Grey Draik.

Striped is...striped. Not much more to say on that.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

That chin is just too weird. It looks like a normal ixi in a fake beard or something. The horns are at an odd angle, too.

I like the color and the markings, though...
Signature by Tom
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I rather like tyrannian. Facial expressions are very endearing. Tall forhead bothers me a bit though, and battleposes are a bit too busy but over all a nice tyrannian pet.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I actually kind of like them both. I'd certainly never own Tyrannian, but it doesn't sting my eyes like the gnorbu or poogle. I don't think I was the only hoping for something a bit more like this:

The darker colors for the stripe work better than the usual pale blue for me, but I think ixis have the best colorfills next to the lenny and cybunny anyway.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

WTF .__. they both look like crap. Well, striped is decent for striped, I guess. My problem is I love 90% of redrawn Ixis, and I don't MIND the colorfil poses - except for the HAPPY POSE which looks like ass.

Tyrannian... I just don't get it ._. Ugly.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Gee...I must have grown to love Tyrannians cause I think tyran Ixi looks awesome. I'm no Ixi fan, so I'm not running out to get one on Ixi day, but it is quite lovely. Looks fun to draw.
Least it has one fan. =) I don't see the ugly in it.
That pose just reminds me of a werewolf whining after it gets hit with a rolled up newspaper. Cute!

Hey Seerow, you have the same taste as me then. XD Cause I think the same on those two.

Striped. Hey, I can't hate a striped pets, I like the fact they went with blue and purple over blue and pink this time. It gets a (b")d from me.

...did I go colorblind again? >_> That is purple right?..or is it just a dark pink...gah!
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Armi wrote:Hey Seerow, you have the same taste as me then. XD Cause I think the same on those two.
...did I go colorblind again? >_> That is purple right?..or is it just a dark pink...gah!
It's like a dark purple-pink-hybrid color.

Yay, some more Tyrannian Ixi love. And if I recall, you also like Ogrins too? I do believe we are the only ones on the whole of NC that does :|

I am seriously considering turning my pet Musical into this. I have a whole story and everything planned out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

o__O... The Tyrannian Ixi has a really ... REALLY big chin... ._.

I don't think I can like it. I wanted to ;_; I like all the other Ixi redraws. But this one just looks so... doofy. I do like the horns though. Unfortunately, that seems to be about the only thing :/ Well, that and the tail, it's kind of cute.

Striped is... well, striped. I sorta like what they did with the stripey... eyebrow-kinda thing. But otherwise, it's Striped. XD;
<3
TCD

Post by TCD »

There's something wrong with Tyrannian that I can't quite put my finger on, but I like striped. Pretty colors.

Also, I like Ogrins!