Faerie Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

In the happy pose it looks a bit bashful -- the upturned gaze combined with the red markings on the face.

I like it. It could be aerodynamic or hydrodynamic, except for the wings. Why all other Tuskas are lying on an invisible shelf I'll never know. Much less awkward looking creature, here.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Sagrei wrote:Why all other Tuskas are lying on an invisible shelf I'll never know.
What and you think every other pet it posed as if it were floating several feet above the ground? Not, like...stood on it or anything ;p
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Nah, just the aquatic ones, and the Tuska looks much more graceful this way. So would the garden-variety Flotsam; they are primarily aquatic critters, so why not draw them as though they are in the water? (Royal is a good example of this.) Pose 'em the way this faerie is done, or the way the Maraquan Lupe is, and they lose most of their awkwardness.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Hmm. I think I like this, fairly well at least -- I also saw "Faerie Tuskaninny" and braced myself for another pet like the Faerie Uni.

My favorite part is the color scheme, I really like the orangey-yellows and reds together like that. Its hair does look kind of doofy though. XD; I like the markings around its eyes and nose, and the finlike look of the wings.

Of course, I'd probably still never have a Tuskaninny... none of the colors scream out to me that I must have one now omg, but I still like this one. :D
<3
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

So was I the only person who was eager to see the faerie tuskaninny? Seems like everyone was expecting the worst. :P

I love it, I wish I had room. It stands out from the other faerie pets and looks lovely. Not all faerie pets should be pastels. The wings are goregous, and nicely dynamic in all poses. The hair does look a little like molded plastic, but eh, doesnt detract too much.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

This is a beautiful pet- I especially like the colors. It's nice to see another rare Faerie pet that isn't done in pastels. The hair does look a little funny, and I'm not overly fond of the arms/hands for some reason. But overall, it looks good.
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Hmm. I like the colors, and I love the wings, but the happy/circle poses are just icky for some reason. I guess I dislike it overall... the hair is a little weird too, but as Cheese pointed out, they all have hair, so I don't think it's that that makes me not like it.
Signature by Tom
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

I think it's a nice addition for Faerie. Different but not unpleasant. Far better, really, than I would have given hope for. All in all a great color for the Tuskaninny.

I really like the wings.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I like it a lot.
*thumbs up*
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hope this isn't too random...

But this picture in today's Art Gallery is exactly what I think the Tuskaninny should look like:
It keeps the same style and look, but just much much better. =D
Image Image
watermirrors

Post by watermirrors »

I love the colors. They remind me of the Maraquan Jubjub- unexpected and unsusual. It is still kind of nerdly looking, but it has a strange grace. I might have to get myself one...
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I like it for the most part. The colours look really nice on a tuskaninny and I love the wings on this. My only complaint is the face, due to the markings there it looks oddly squashed to me, and I agree about the hair needing to be a litttle less...wild perhaps? Besides those two litle complaints TNT have done a nice job of this so thumbs up from me.
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Hee, I too thought this was a Maraquan tuska when I first saw it x) That said, the wings are v'awesome, what with the whole aquatic-aerodynamic thing going on.

Unfortunately, that's about all I like =P

Consistency's a bit annoying between poses, no thanks to the magically changing flipper-hands and wing placement. The hair's plain weird, and if, as the poses suggest, the tuskaninny's s'posed to be underwater, why's the toupee so nicely flat on its head?

Speaking of, while the flying-in-water poses are nicely achieved (particularly in the emotion poses), the head's position is becoming increasingly annoying. As others have pointed out, it appears too low, or too far from the body, or /something/ - ultimately making most poses appear somewhat beheaded. I can almost see the artist sketching the sad pose first, and then working off that for the others, as the head's position seems suitable only for said pose.

The colours used are a nice deviation, but not particularly appealing as far as I'm concerned =P The wings, again, are purdy enough though. The markings on the tail are neat; those on the face, not as much. Hopefully someone can point out the colouring's based off some sort of aquatic/faerie thing, because I really want to have a reason to excuse the artist =P

Lineart's a plus, though, and overall artistry is appreciable, so in this case I say yay wings and artistry, nay pretty much everything else =P
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I like it, the colors are good and the hair is a nice touch. It just seems odd to me that the wing is attached to the fin at what looks like the elbow. Other than that, its good.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I saved the pic in my Neopretties folder as soon as I saw it in the gallery, MM. It's one of two tuskaninny pictures I've thought worth saving, and I honestly don't see much difference between it and the revamped tuska.