Faerie Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

It does have lovely colors and some the poses look really well put together. Just, like all pets from this species, I can't stand how the face looks. It just ruins it for me. I also like Spotted Tuskaninnies, unfortunately, ugly looking head and face >>;; Oh well.

Fae
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Cheese wrote:
jessibean wrote:wtf is up with the hair? It looks so.. random. I guess they decided a faerie pet wasn't a good pet to leave smooth-headed? O_o; Kind of retarded if you ask me.

Maybe if they ever redo the faerie kiko, they'll give it a wig.
...They always have hair.
ROFL oh geez, they do xD I don't know WHAT i was thinking ._. Cept I made that post maybe 5 minutes after I'd rolled out of bed (Yes, I have no life, I get up and go check my e-mail first thing in the morning)

Well I feel like a jackass now. I STILL don't like the hair though >_>; it looks funny.
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

I really like this. I don't know that I would save up for one, but if I got the zap, I'd probably keep it. :)
whinney17

Post by whinney17 »

I love the colors, hair, and poses. I've always been a fan of Tuskaninnies though. I was going to paint the one I have now to pink but the faerie is much better. :]
Armi

Post by Armi »

I dunno if I like it, love it, or hate it. I mean, the art IS nice, but something about it bugs the hell out of me which makes me dislike it greatly.

The hair is nice and the poses are nice, maybe I'm not liking the colors, or because a flying Tuskie seem weird. I dunno...I really don't know what to think of this one. o_o*scratches her head and looks again*

Yep, I have no clue what to think of it...that's a first.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I rather like it. Faerie is probably my favorite color on the site (I have 8 Faerie pets as it is) so that automatically gives it a few points in my books.
I am in love with the colors. Very unique amongst the Faerie pets and pretty to look at. I really like the little snipet of orange on the face as well. I don't mind the hair, in fact I actually quite like it. The only real thing that bugs me is the bright pink of the mouth.

Too bad Faerie PBs are so expensive and all my accounts are filled. Otherwise, I may someday get one of these.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Float

Post by Float »

I also figured a faerie tuskaninny would be a disaster, but I love this one so much. I like the hair a lot, the wings are pretty too (and I don't care of they're implausible or not anatomically correct).
Mac

Post by Mac »

Eh... I don't like it. No reason why. The wings are nice, though.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

XD I actually thought it was Maraquan when I first saw it, and thought it was one of the better Maraquans.

I like this. The colours appeal to me, the wings look cool, and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Tuskaninnys, to be honest.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I think happy/circle pose is the only one I like. The gold/autumny colour scheme is so beautiful to look at! That, plus the shy expression on it's face and pink eyes. Very sweet.

I really dislike pretty much everything about other poses - line art feels to thin, and messy, and some are very busy to look at. Unlike happy pose where wings have a really pretty fin-like form, other poses have butterfly/too small for it's body wings. Nope, not a big fan.
Last edited by zebru on 11 Jul 2006 05:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I love the wings, I love the sad pose, the rest of it is kind of 'meh.' I agree with Trick about the head in the circle/happy pose. It's a little too off-kilter for me; I keep expecting the head to just roll on off since it's already at such an awkward angle.

Still, though, it's not bad. It could have been much, much worse, and at least this is a redraw with beautiful wings. Oh, and I also like the colours; perhaps a bit too much goldenrod yellow, but it makes me think of fall, and that's nice.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Hehe, it's a phoenix seal. :D

Not sure that I'd want one, but I think it's well done. I'm not a yellow fan but I like the red touches.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Oh wow. I adore this pet; it far exceeds any of my expectations. When I first clicked to look at it, I was bracing myself for some weird pinkish thing with wings tacked on. But wow, this is 100x better than anything I could have imagined! It reminds me of either a phoenix or a rare tropical fishie... maybe both in one. If my Tuskaninny was not already painted Tyrannian, she'd be this. Tuskies were long overdue for Faerie and I think this is a great addition to their colors!
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Nice.

I, too, was expecting a pink tuskaninny with wings on. This is a lot nicer. Even though they're not perfect, the poses are dynamic. The color was probably the biggest surprise and I think it was an excellent choice; when you think about it, nearly any set of bright or pastel colors could be put on a faerie pet, so I'm surprised TNT hasn't experimented more. Hell, the faerie grundo shows that even black can work well on a faerie.

It has this oddly plaintive look about it, though. It might just be that its head is bowed and it's looking up.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

do do do do doooo - I'm not loving it!

Red nose looks even more daft than usual, strange colouring and marks don't look particularly faerie-like, hair couldn't possibly look more like a toupée, facial expression in Happy pose is peculiar and I don't think I'd get used to seeing that on a lookup, weird hands that seem to change shape in Ranged Attack...

Ugh... negativity!

On the plus side I do like the basic design of the pet, Sad and Beaten poses especially are nice (Sad's expression has just a touch of the Grey Acara about it). If it was coloured a bit more naturalistically and less like a Yellow Submarine, and a couple of the poses were adjusted a bit, then I'd like this a lot more. Oh, and fix the hair!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark