Faerie Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jesse882173

Faerie Tuskaninny

Post by Jesse882173 »

First Tuskaninny Day color is the Faerie Tuskaninny.
Credit Jellyneo.net
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Nice find! It's not on the NC database yet, I don't see.

ALL POSES

I actually LIKE this! Woohoo another color that makes Tuskaninnies look GOOD! :D The hair is slightly odd, but I still kind-of like it. The only other thing is that the flipper-tip in the background looks a little strange, but I'm glad it's there...it shows they didn't forget appendages (like sometimes happens). The color application is really snappy, and I like the wings.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I love this! It's so outside the norm for Faerie that I can't help but pine for it. Also the wings are nice and aquatic and not butterflyish so bonus points.
Image Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm going to try and update the front page so that it appears, but I make no promises.

I'll comment later.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

The coloring on this is awesome, and I really adore the poses-- but the hair! Why? Well, luckily it isn't terribly noticable. I wouldn't own one, but I can definitely see why someone would-- the colors are gorgeous.

Yay new faerie pet! One of my favorite colors, it always gets me a little excited, never know what you're gonna get!
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Wow, really unexpected but I really like it. Looks like it could fly and swim. The hair isn't that great, and the wings join at different places throughout the poses but I still really like it and the colours the artist chose.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Good deal, now WE have it showing! Thanks Huggles!
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

For some reason it seemed like there already was a Faerie Tuskaninny lol. But anyway this is beautiful, completely original colours for faerie. I'm not a big tuskaninny fan, but I can see this looks very nice ^^
ImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Success! I have mastered push buttonology.

All of the recent faerie pets have been very well done and this is no exception. The colors are surprising, although I'm sure someone will scold me for not recognizing them being borrowed from some tropical fish even though I live in the middle of nowhere Ohio. I don't see what's wrong with the hair. It just has more of it, which seems appropriate for a faerie. The angry pose is weird because the head looks disconnected, sad is very nice, and the rest are a bit awkward. It's really lovely overall though and I'd be tempted to put one on my aquatic account, if I could move my baby buzz and still have a spot for a Tyrannian buzz.
hauntedoll

Post by hauntedoll »

Wow, the more I look at it the more I like it. The hair and wings look great, I love the expression in the happy pose and the other poses aren't bad either. The colour they chose is awesome though I must admit I didn't expect the Faerie Tuskaninny to be yellow.
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

I don't really like the colour, actually. It's very lovely and all but the base yellow looks a lot like a plain yellow tuskaninny... on my computer, anyway. Might just be my computer. Wouldn't surprise me. I think I'd appreciate it more if it were a significantly lighter or darker shade or... something. Annnd, on the other hand, the extra colour details are nice, the poses and shading are excellent. Just more of a fan for those faerie pets that have a completely unique colour set for their species rather than a basic coloured with applied uber pretties.
Just dandy, though, and a very nice Tuskaninny addition... in my opinion.
Oh, and the line-art! Niceline-art! Clean and crisp and sharp and other words that describe that sort of thing. I'd love to see a Darigan Tuskaninny with that sort of line-art and seal-ish feel.
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

The poses don't excite me that much, but I absolutely love the coloring for it. It's very sunset-ish. Specifically, I like the red tipped tail and the purplish-pinkish eyes... very nice. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It's actually a brighter and more shade intense of a yellow, but I know what you mean. 4of11 been's a yellow tuska for a while now, and as much as I like them, yellow is one of my least favorite colors.
Last edited by Huggles on 11 Jul 2006 07:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nacho_Diablo

Post by Nacho_Diablo »

The colours were a very good choice. I like it.
Normally I am not a tuskaninny fan. But I could live with this.
Previously I have only liked the tyrannian Tuskaninny.
I'm definitely not going to rush out to get one though.
Also... I think the hair may have been a BIT too much

"What did you say about my hair!?"
Last edited by Nacho_Diablo on 11 Jul 2006 07:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I laid back, looked at the stars, and wondered where my roof went.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

Oh.. wow! I like it! Something about the colors.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.