Faerie Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
bolebeau

Post by bolebeau »

I like the poses, the colour and the idea of the design. I'm not really a fan of the red in the face. It looks rather... flustered? That, or it hung out with his faerie buddies all night and got drunk as heck.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I have to admit that I winced when I saw the phrase "Faerie Tuskaninny." But it works much, much better than I expected. :)
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

gidget wrote:I have to admit that I winced when I saw the phrase "Faerie Tuskaninny." But it works much, much better than I expected. :)
Ditto..but I don't think I 'un-winced' once I saw it. Eh, something about the face just bothers me. I really don't like Tuskaninnies. I wish they could just make them more like a seal instead of some freakish human-faced....thing.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Yellow is quite easily my least favourite colour. So that's a shame. Still, lovely pet.

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I adore the hair. I think it's my favourite aspect of this pet. It's really... flippy. Cute.

The head seems sort of awkward in a lot of poses, especially angry, but I think that's mostly because the pose itself is awkward. Don't get me wrong, I like the pose, I hate when faerie pets look like they can't actually fly, it's just sort of strange overall. I really like how the tail bends in the circle pose.

I sort of want one, but not enough to pay for one. I'd gladly keep one from the lab, but there are a couple things that bug me a little too much to actually paint one by hand.

I can't wait to see some fanart, they look really fun to draw. Maybe I'll go do that now.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Ruud

Post by Ruud »

Nice work :) But I don't like Tuskaninny's at all :P
Phlizz

Post by Phlizz »

gidget wrote:I have to admit that I winced when I saw the phrase "Faerie Tuskaninny."
That was my reaction, too; but this is surprisingly well done. After staring at it for ages I still can't quite warm to it, though - I think that's because however nicely it might be drawn, a winged walrus is something that's just never going to appeal to me. I might have liked it a bit better in the more usual pastel faerie colours, but probably not; and it is nice to have something different (although it does remind me of the Faerie Pteri. A walrus that's trying to be a phoenix!).

The orange markings around the eyes strike me as odd; rather like a mask. Combine that with the bright colours and the ability to fly, and this makes me think Superhero Tuskaninny rather than Faerie Tuskaninny.

Overall though, a nice addition to Tuskas :) a species I'm somewhat partial to, so I'm glad to see them getting some (more) good redraws (I've always loved Robot and Tyrannian, and own both).
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Hmm, I like it. The colours are gorgeously warm, and I have no problem with the hair, either. I'm less keen on the treatment of the flippers - very flipperlike in the happy pose, very much like arms in the angry pose. But it's a small quibble.

If Tuskaninnies didn't have such a "punch me" expression on their faces, I'd consider getting one of these.
tigerlilyleah

Post by tigerlilyleah »

gidget wrote:I have to admit that I winced when I saw the phrase "Faerie Tuskaninny." But it works much, much better than I expected. :)
Me too, it surprised me nicely :)

*thumbs-up*
Deku

Post by Deku »

I don't like it. The hair bothers me, the awkward pose bothers me, the face bothers me. The colouring around its eyes make it look like it's blushing or something :?. I like the colour scheme, though, and the different wings.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

First reaction? I hate it.

Second reaction? I love the sad pose. I like the ranged pose. I like the colours.

This makes me hate it all the more as I can't stand pets with circle/happy poses I hate. The head looks disconnected which makes the whole pose look awkward. Also it looks somewhat like a shopkeeper. The colour scheme and sad pose are lovely but the happy and circle poses seriously bother me :/
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, I love the colors, love the look that it's underwater yet FLYING...it's so pretty.

But, I hope this doesn't make the Faerie Paint Brush price inflate even more...
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I'm very much mixed on this one. I do like the colours, which is odd, because usually I don't like yellow and orange (and to me, the yellow colour of the body is very different from the default yellow tuskie, it's much brighter and more golden). I don't like the poses it's in for happy and circle, among others- as Trick said, the head is somehow a bit off, plus it's awkward the way the wings and flippers are so close to each other. And I don't like the anthropomorphism of the flippers into arms and fists much, either, though plenty of other tuskaninnies are drawn like this. Maybe it's the elbows. I don't like the hair, to me it looks like it's swum through some red seaweed and got it stuck on its head.

I like the smoothness and shinyness of the body and wings, except where the mouth and eyes are unusually angular for a tuskie. I like the way it's not trying to sit or stand, but is floating/flying (I would rather it was floating, but either way works). I really like the flippers in the sad pose, which overall is my favourite pose.

I do think the wings have been done well, compared to the faerie koi and flotsam this is really good but it's just not for me, I guess.
Neopets wishlists: here
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

It has really nice colors.... and I think that's all I like. :?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't want to lie and say I LOVE IT and be the odd man out, eheh. What I do love are the angry and sad poses. Oh, and the colors - I happen to LOVE yellow, orange and red together, so I'm pleased. And the pattern on the face is both pretty and non-distracting.

I hate the happy/circle pose though, and the hair... wtf is up with the hair?

edit - okay, I'm a douchebag, they always have hair, I just suck at 7 AM ;_;; bahhhh.
Last edited by Jessi on 11 Jul 2006 01:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

jessibean wrote:wtf is up with the hair? It looks so.. random. I guess they decided a faerie pet wasn't a good pet to leave smooth-headed? O_o; Kind of retarded if you ask me.

Maybe if they ever redo the faerie kiko, they'll give it a wig.
...They always have hair.