Electric Peophin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ew...*cringe*

I was around for the previous version of the Peophin (tolerably cute, more character, but flat...and it was hands-down my favorite species with Eyrie as second), so it's not technically due for a revamp, but it could well use another one. And yeah, the missing "gill fin" thing in various poses bothers me too.

I'm a little relieved, actually, because it doesn't tempt me whatsoever to paint my lovely Darigan Peophin!
Horsey pet + Electric (potentially my FAVORITE color if well done) = potential massive squeeage. But nope.

That mane...the nasty sea-puke MANE makes me want to stab my eyes out. The face plate doesn't do anything for me either, along with the general washed-out look. The sea-puke color is OK in small amounts, if it's the bright-colored...that's what makes it "Electric"...but some of it is VERY pukey-looking in some shadowy areas. The Eyrie isn't perfect, but the Peophin pales in comparison. To see what I mean:

Image Image
Miss Kass

Post by Miss Kass »

Bah, my favourite pet... The only thing I like about this is the vaguely frazzled looking hair (as though it's been electrified), though it may look like that on all Peophins and I'm only noticing 'cause this one is electric. I don't know, I just don't like this. -.-
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

...That hit posed needs to be fixed for the love of God! The faerie hit pose is different, and darigan is ever so slightly better, but do they change the other ones? Noooo. I pretend the hit pose doesn't exist so I won't have to think about how wrong it looks.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

I saw this and almost cried. Almost. It's like they just took the white base into Photoshop and coloured a cheapass layer over it. On my favorite pet. ;-;.

Please make them look more emotional.

See? Rayneance is crying. Because her neopose looks STUPID. ;-;. I really, really had my hopes up for a revamp, too.
i suck a lot okay
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's funny how we get decent sparks once ('ninny), and now expect it on every electric pet... I totally agree, no sparks = inferior pet, the Peophin has an electric colourscheme, but not an electric attitude.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
iriso83

Post by iriso83 »

Oh man... I was already hoping for a Peophin revamp around this time <i>last year</i>. I thought it would be impossible for them to not have one this year... and yet they seem to be doing it again. *sighs*
Whikey

Post by Whikey »

Pheophins just need a re-draw anyways, but this one is a let down after the awesome Tuskaninny release.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

Kamil wrote:*shoves the person who drew the faerie Peophin to the head of the line*
I think the person that did that was Shroomy? I can't remember her name but she's done a lot. She did the revamp fae peo. It'd be wonderful if all the peos had that same quality. >>;; Like the darigan or tyrannian peos. *sighs* Makes me wonder what a royal peo would look like. --; Even if I'm not fond of that color, its just the only one I haven't seen done yet in a peo. They hardly get the recognition they deserve. *mumbles and rambles on*

Edit: Good thing I don't like electric either, except...the electric uni. Though I probably won't get one, not that much of a uni fan. The grey is probably the only "dream" uni I'd want.

Come on? The lightning marks in the mane. I thought that was pretty neat.
Last edited by Chantal on 24 Jul 2006 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Chantal wrote:
Kamil wrote:*shoves the person who drew the faerie Peophin to the head of the line*
I think the person that did that was Shroomy? I can't remember her name but she's done a lot. She did the revamp fae peo. It'd be wonderful if all the peos had that same quality. >>;; Like the darigan or tyrannian peos. *sighs* Makes me wonder what a royal peo would look like. --; Even if I'm not fond of that color, its just the only one I haven't seen done yet in a peo. They hardly get the recognition they deserve. *mumbles and rambles on*
Nope, not Shroomy *points at topic* viewtopic.php?t=2988

It's our mystery artist that goes by the username Niptor.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Chantal wrote:
Aww, but it wasn't Shroomy. It was Niptor who did the new Faerie Peophin :D

Edit: Beat by Zebru :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

I could have sworn it was her. I remember seeing something about it on her page. I can't remember the link though, I got it from here too. >>; Ah well, my apologizes.
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

Eew. This is just horrible. The mane makes me want to puke, and I was really looking forward to a revamp. They could have really made this a nice pet. But insted we get... this.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Despite it's lack of - well, anything - I'm not overtly worried. Maybe they'll forget to activate it the way they did the Tuskanninys and Kikos...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

One can only hope. ;-;. And god willing, this isn't the only colour we get. Guess I'll find out Wendseday when my 'Godrays' throw some obscure colour at me.

Stupid shitty colours. eo;;
i suck a lot okay
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Ummmm....yuck :x

Electric might of looked good on a revamped peo but on the exsisting one it's just bleh.
Not all who wander are lost.