Sponge Peophin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

If this were the color of the sponge Aisha I think I might want one quite badly. As it is, I wouldn't mind keeping one from the lab for a while, anyway.

Nice job - my only real quibble is with the color, and as others have said, the contrast is just a bit too dialed down in this case for my taste.

Kudos.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Twofold Black wrote:This is <i>bizarrely</i> good.
Exactly what I was going to say. The fact that it's a Peophin, is Sponge, and doesn't suck is making me twitch a little. What were the odds?

Very nice. I like the little soapy things.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

To me this is the third most sponge-like Sponge pet, only marginally behind the blumaroo and kiko (though you could argue the kiko is cheating by being sponge-shaped already). I'm happy to see that they've thought about this one rather than just slapping some random projections off the back of a normal pet to try and make it look 3D (a la Moehog, Lupe - more M.C. Escher than Sponge) - a good job well done.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I have to say I like this a bit, even if it does remind me of a cardboard cut out in a way >>;; It would have been nice for revamp, but blah.

Fae
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Real sponges are thicker than that. :? I think that's my only problem with it. It's not unique to the peophin, of course - the aisha, koi, and shoyru are also pushing the limits of flatness - but this is the thinnest yet. And it's not quite as believable as some of the others... well, as believable as the techo or the lupe could be if they didn't have other problems.

But really, this is probably the best sponge yet. It's got consistency, a good beaten pose, it's not just a flat image with an edge added, and I think the color is fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt if it was a bit darker, but I like the light blue.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Pretty nice. I really like the shape of the tail. I agree that it might be nicer if it were a deeper shade of blue.
Miss Kass

Post by Miss Kass »

Aww, this is quite an adorable Peophin. ^__^ I love the fact that it actually looks like a sponge, and the squishiness of the beaten pose. However, I still detest the angry look. It does nothing but make a crazy face, which doesn't really make it look angry anyway; it makes it look like its jaw is falling off.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I like it :o

Very nicely done and one of the best peophin colors out there.
I actually like the shade of blue. Rather subtle and suits it somehow.
Not all who wander are lost.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I really love how the headpiece is just a trimming of the sponge (like a wedge cut off) -- very cool. The legs are also done in a very convincing maner.

However, the shade of blue used is the same as that normallly used for sketch, which really bothers me.
covet

Post by covet »

Pretty, but where are my royal peos?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I rather like this...it's bendy and shapely and has nice redrawn expressions. The edges remain edges and are well defined as such, and they curve with the contours and perspective of the pet. And though indeed thin and pale, it LOOKS like a sponge. I've seen dish sponges this color anyway, so it works for me. I really like the mushy beaten pose too.

NICE!
Jesse882173

Post by Jesse882173 »

I like this color too, but I want them to add EVERY color released (Pet or Petpet) to the Rainbow Pool. They added this and the Electric Peophin there but not any Petpets or the Kiko Day ones.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I approve. Very nice Sponge. Thanks, artist. Partake in cookies?

(Very tired, not many words)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I have a sponge lupe thanks to the lab ray. I'd much rather have one of these. ;P
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

That's not flat. The tail is flat in a completely different direction to the rest. If you put that down on a flat surface it would not be flat.

Stop saying it's flat.