Maraquan and Camouflage Rukis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Maraquan and Camouflage Rukis

Post by Silverevilchao »

All Poses

All Poses

Maraquan Ruki: They killed it with the Ranged Attack pose... :( Really like how it looks male, though.
Camouflage Ruki: Nice, it looks like it can blend in with a real-life desert.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I adore camouflage. That's so lovely. I hope my Ruki lab rat turns to that color so I can admire it for a while more.

Maraquan is just bizarre. I don't like the colors, and I don't think I can look past them to the pet itself.
Image Image
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

Camouflage is one of my least favourite colors, in general, but I like this one, because it does look desert-esque.

The maraquan one is...ok.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

I don't really care for Camo pets, but this one looks kind of nice =)

Now that Maraquan thing D:
It's hideous! I can't find anything to like.. hate those eyes, the colors.. just ugh D: Maybe I can get used to it, but I'd never own one. :?
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Maraquan is... kind of weird. It barely looks like a Ruki anymore really. And it looks like it has a big warty nose. :/ I kinda like the colors though, and the close attack pose is cool (Ruki SMAAAASH.) Maybe it'll grow on me...

I like the Camo one though. Desert camo! Neat! :D
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

Haha I like the maraquan one! It looks... funky, somehow. I can't exactly place my finger on what about it I like, but I think it's neat :D
Camo looks great! I like the fact that they used a natural tone again. The ruki would blend into a desert background nicely :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Maraquan is alright I guess. I love the colors and the general idea for the pet isn't bad. But that nose :shock: Amuses the heck out of me and not really in a good way.

Camo is good for camo. No strange colors and fits with the Ruki's desert theme.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Mara Ruki gets a thumbs up from me. Sure, it took the same format idea as Buzz, but they're both insects. I like how the ruki is more cartoony.

Never really liked the Ruki colors, past mutant, but Marquan is up there now.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
gidget

Post by gidget »

In theory, I really like the Maraquan. It's a (sorta) Lobster! wheeee!

However, I'm not too wild about the colour combo. I rather it all be done in reds, or all be done in blues.

On the other hand, the Camouflage Ruki is really lovely. I like how the colours look so natural to its home environment. Lovely.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Ooooh, I love the Maraquan Ruki! Almost everything is perfect. The only thing which bothers me is the blue fins. On the tail, it doesn't looks too bad, but behind the head, it looks like a ribbon... which make the entire pet looks a bit too feminine in some pose.

I personnaly think the Camo one is the best Camouflage pet around currently. The colors are awesome, and the shades are great.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Whoa now. What the hell is it supposed to be? I'm hoping there's some real life sea critter with a giant nose that has inspired this, because I can't imagine why you'd do that to a pet for any sort of aesthetic reason. I don't mind the colors, or the body, but the giant cartoon eyes and nose completely put me off. Bleh.

However, the camo ruki is very well done. The shading and gradiation is spot on and although realistic, the camo color doesn't make me cringe like the one used on the meerca.
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

The maraquan is just like another version of the maraquan buzz... It looks awsome though. Just a bit more cartoony and kiddy less real. The Camo is weird... looks like chocolate a bit. I never cared that much for some of the camos.
Donate to help Yarn live on/size]
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Maraquan is hilarious. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. The colours are horrible, though. I'm not a fan of the purple and red combo, especially because they're both very unappealing shades on their own.

For some reason, I was really confused by the hands in the defended pose. They look...off somehow. Maybe that's just me. I know what they're supposed to look like, but it's as if they're turned around a little too far. Hmm.

Camo is very pretty. Possibly my favourite Ruki colour so far.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

The Maraquan Ruki... let me preface this by saying it's well drawn. But damn, this is a case where it is so weird and ugly I just have to like it. It's a freaky crustacean with a color combination I didn't know existed. I love it.

Camo Ruki is done in beautiful shades of brown. I have a soft spot for Rukis. Would never own one, but they're very fun to draw.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Uh ... okay. I don't know what that is, but it's not a Ruki of any kind. It's pretty cool, but I don't know how it's supposed to be related to a Ruki. It reminds me of a few kinds of shrimp--I do like those spiky, bumpy protrusions on the exoskeleton and the floaty antennae. What's with the big schnozz, though? The fins on the side of its head seem a little out of place ... but the colors are original and well done ... just, where did they come up with this thing? :shock:

As a side note I think this is the best camouflage pet yet, but I'm so baffled by this Maraquan thing I can't elaborate on that.