Maraquan and Camouflage Rukis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Camouflage is wonderful. I hate most of the camouflage pets, but the colors on this one look -great-, and it doesn't look like ugly "I bought this at Hot Topic to be cool" camouflage. One of the best ruki colorfills IMHO.

The Maraquan... wtf. I can't even PRETEND i like it a little bit. It doesn't look like a ruki. It looks like a dinosaur. More like a Maraquan Tonu than a Maraquan Ruki. The nose is driving me crazy. I hate it. Hate.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

o__O;;;

I.... don't know what to think about Maraquan. My first impression was that the head really bothers me. The eyes and the weird shape of the face in general is just off somehow. I do like the bubbles coming out of its mouth in the hit pose, but the color combo and this pose --

-- really bother me. No sir, I don't like it. >/

As for Camo, that's really nice tones for a Camo pet, which I usually don't like. Yay pretty desert camo!
Last edited by Fullmetal Dragon on 27 Jul 2006 03:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

:shock:

Whathell is up with maraquan? As so many have said: that isn't a Ruki - of any sort.

I adore Rukis and I like almost all of their colors, and I'd had such high hopes for maraquan (although where are my royal Rukis, dammit?) -- and this so isn't what I'd had in mind. o__0

I get that they were going for the same thing as the maraquan Buzz - but this is entirely cartoony and not at all believable - and if there's one thing the mara Buzz excels at it's believablity. This thing would only be believable next to Elmer Fudd.

*thumbs down*

Camouflage is lovely though - wonderful soothing colors that you'd believe a bug might wear.

*thumbs up*

*goes back to gaping in horror at maraquan*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

How strange. Maraquan is interesting. Not sure it looks much like a Ruki of any sort. I'm not certain that I like the color or eyes very much. They don't seem to fit too well. Kudos on the tears in the sad pose though. I love how they're floating.

The Camouflage is nice! I like the shades of brown. Much better than some of the Camouflage pets which have you wonder just what they're meant to blend in with.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

This is the first time I entered the neocolours page with images of new pets and didn't recognize the species of the new redraw.

"WTF? Which pet is this? Nimmo?!"
I acctaually had to read the species name to realize it was ruki :shock:

Other issues:
-looks very cartoonish in some poses
-clashy colours that make it appear too busy
-the concept - it's some sort of cross between a fish and lobster with few added fins on the head just for the (unrealistic) effect. I wish they went for the lobster instead of maraquan lobster wannabe.

Cuddos for the nose tho :D *cracks up* My mind is just too dirty...

I don't hate it though. It's sort of interesting species to observe. And it has bubbling personality to boot 8)

The camo one reminds me od biscuit one, although I know it shouldn't. It looks edible to me.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
beatlegryphie

Post by beatlegryphie »

wow that maraquan one is just horrible!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The Maraquan is really nifty, but it loses Ruki-ness for me. But I do think it looks great. It's like a "lobster for non-buzz-fans." The eyes and nose bug me some though.

The Camouflage is nice, but it bores me just a little. Maybe it's just because of the brown. I'm on a color kick for some reason, and there's not much contrast. But it IS very Camouflage indeed, and fairly well done, so I won't bash it.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

*dittoes Maraquan comments* Very odd. Not too fond of it.

Camouflage, though - lovely. I've always had a fondness for the color, and this is an excellent addition. It also adds another possibility to the camo pet I plan to get someday. I really like how each of the pets has a different color scheme, in many cases having to do with their natural habitat - as someone said, this one looks deserty.
watermirrors

Post by watermirrors »

The camo ruki is one of the most lovely and subtle of the camo pets. *admires*

The Maraquan is too cartoony for my taste...not very elegant or interesting.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Way back in the late seventies, there was a Mardi Gras krewe which called itself the Krewe of Craw. They would decorate their float with giant papier-maiche crawfish, and throw actual, cooked, edible crawfish to the waiting crowds -- who were so drunk they'd eat them, shells and antennae and all.

This Ruki would fit right in. It's a crawfish if you've got your beer goggles on and all the pretty lights are shining.

The camo I like quite a bit, however; secretly it's a robot which turns into those badass flame-thrower/ice-machine/net-launcher/rocket-firing guns from 'The Fifth Element.'
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking too. Well, mostly just its butt.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Maraquan is the ugliest thing since the jubjub revamp :x

Love the camo one. Very subtle desert looking colors.
Not all who wander are lost.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Maraquan is weird, and ugly and it reminds me strongely of the roger rabbit movie with the weird cartoon animals that couldn't be killed or something like that. I don't like it.

Camouflage however is very lovely, a nice addition to the ruki colours!
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Maraquan Ruki: this is another one of those pets that looks like it was designed to annoy me. Yup, that age old problem - close and ranged are the wrong way around ;___;

Any lurking artists: please change close attack and ranged attack around, please, please, please *bats eyelashes*

I really like this pet, I adore the colours, the poses are mostly great and I just lurve that tail. But clearly close attack is the best pose of all and the one people would want on their lookups.

*begs some more*
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Maraquan: I really like the close attack pose. And that's it.

Camo: VERY nice :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}