Fire Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Fire Xweetok

Post by Silverevilchao »

All Poses

Yay! Another "on fire" pet! Ooh, and the Beaten Pose rocks, too! Ooh, and they put light from the fire on the body, and the tears sizzle... 8D
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

This and a lot of the other fire pets would be so much better if they were a lighter shade of black or their feature (such as eyes) were altered to stand out more.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Yeah, I like that it's clearly ON FIRE instead of just being a pet with fire painted on it. :D Pretty cool how they actually put reflections from the fire on its body like that. And the tears evaporating... lol. Very clever. XD; I actually think the body color could stand to be a little darker, but otherwise, pretty nice.

Edit'd because I'm a dumbass and can't read XD;
Last edited by Saturn on 27 Jul 2006 02:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Agree or disagree? Cars wants it lighter and you want it darker. Heh. I think it's perfectly fine as is and the reflection is the eyes makes much more sense here than on standard xweetoks. I think it's my favorite xweetok color so far.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

The sizzling tears are fantastic, something every fire pet should have. Actually, most things this has should be standard. The tears, the actually-on-fireness, and the extinguished beaten pose.

Wonderfully done.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Awsome as far as Fire pets go. Too bad I can't stand to look at Xweetoks for more then a minute.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Huggles wrote:Agree or disagree? Cars wants it lighter and you want it darker. Heh. I think it's perfectly fine as is and the reflection is the eyes makes much more sense here than on standard xweetoks. I think it's my favorite xweetok color so far.
Note to self: LEARN TO READ. XD; Fixed now, haha.
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

Luffely ^o^ I really like the sizzle tears and such. The fire on the back doesnt look aligned properly but I luff everything else about it.
Donate to help Yarn live on/size]
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

NICE. Fire pets should always be on fire, and TNT should always, always remember that fire is a light source. I think it could benefit from even more dramatic lighting, but this is certainly a start. The steaming tears are absolutely great.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Me upon seeing this topic: Is it cute, is it cute- ITS CUTE.

*cough* I think I'm one of the few people here that absolutely LOVE xweetoks, and this is a GREAT color on them! They executed it wonderfully, I love the fire and the use of lighting, although Cyaneus is right, a bit more dramatic light wouldn't have hurt, but I love the way it looks. Kudos!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Very, very nice! The only pose that bothers me slightly is happy one - white of the eyes conects with a light reflection in pupils making eyes stand out in a funny way. Also face is much darker in circle and emotion pose making the eyes less distinguished.

Possibly the best fire pet :D Love the added details!
Last edited by zebru on 27 Jul 2006 05:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ooooh. I like the light source coming from the pet. It was actually one of the first things I noticed, and I was happy. XD Also, I like how teeny little the licks of flame are on its back. AND the sizzly tears and extinguished beaten pose are super-cool too. I love what they did with this Fire pet. It should be a standard for Fire pets~
<3
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

Someone actually took the time to truly think about what a fire pet should look like! Lovely. The eyes bother me a bit but they do with all Xweetoks.

Over all a very nice addition!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, awesome job! This is a wonderful fire pet, quite possibly the best fire pet. I love all of the extra details - the sizzling tears, the extinguished beaten pose, the extra-flamey angry pose - all of it shows extra care and attention from the artist and is greatly appreciated.

Very well done.

<strike>Dammit. Now there are two Xweetoks I wouldn't mind owning. I'm going to have to admit they are an actual Neopian species if this keeps up. </strike>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A great fire, and a great Xweetok. Nice all around.

The fire looks a little flat, though. But it's a minor issue. It's offset by the coolness of the yellow highlights on the black, and the way the eyes look like it has fire for a brain. Yay.
Image Image