Fire Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Simple: I APPROVE! Nicely done, for the reasons people have mentioned. Sizzly tears, heehee!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It is a very good fire pet!
Love the illumination, he eyes and the flames! The only thing is that I wished they stopped putting bandages on pets that clearly can't have them (sponge, robot etc.) if the tears sizzle, shouldn't the bandages on this pet start to burn too? Because even though the fire is extinguishing, it's still not gone completely...
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Stares at fire xweetok :shock:

I guess it's good for a fire pet but something about it doesn't sit quite right with me. Can't quite figure out what though.

I do like the extinguished beaten pose a lot though.
Not all who wander are lost.
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Very nice. :D I can see this being one of the more popular fire pets.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's very very good...

The first fire pet which looks so consumed by realistic flames that I'm actually finding it a little disturbing. Colour of the 'dying' flames in Beaten is a bit weird but I like how they're just a thin line running down the centre of its tail and back in this pose. Especially like the nice touches - evaporating tears, etc. It's had time and care spent on it - good job.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
gidget

Post by gidget »

I like the little details--steam, reflections, etc..

I just wish the face were lighter so I could see more of the critter's features though.
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

Farseek wrote:Stares at fire xweetok :shock:

I guess it's good for a fire pet but something about it doesn't sit quite right with me. Can't quite figure out what though.

I do like the extinguished beaten pose a lot though.
My feeling exactly. I like its new features. I find Xweetoks an ok species. I generally like fire pets on fire. But there's something about this that throws me off.
Ensign Edison

Post by Ensign Edison »

I love this so much I'm seriously tempted to use my ffq on it. But I think I'll just start zapping like crazy. :D

The Mutant Xweetok is what brought me back to neopets after a year or so away, so I do have a soft spot for the species.
--Craxodile on Subetax--
--Many thanks to Twofold Black for the icon
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Wow, another semi-good Xweetok color. I say semi because since it isn't a redraw it doesn't fix the poor beast's anatomical issues.

But it looks like whatever artist they had did the best job possible without completely redrawing it, so kudos to them. The sizzling tears are great.

Xweetoks still aren't a species to me yet... I see them and it takes me a moment before I go "Oh, yeah, that's a Neopet." The Mutant is the only really awesome one, IMO... if on a better pet base this one could have been really cool though.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Lovely! My favourite Xweetok since snow, at least partly because again, the eyes don't look so strange in this context.

In fact that would be a lovely pair to have together on an account, the fire and snow xweetoks. *schemes*
Amimain

Post by Amimain »

I like it a lot, though I've always found the Xweetok colours rather striking. The fiery mane is really spectacular, and those tears are such a fantastic touch.
ImageImage
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I love it! In my opinion it's the best fire pet I've seen in a while. The only part that bothers me is that, the eyes kinda melt into the head. I can't really see where the line of the eyes is.