Snot and Cloud Blumaroo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jesse882173

Snot and Cloud Blumaroo

Post by Jesse882173 »

Image Image
Just released for Blumaroo Day!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Snot's thick lines are bad, but the overall snottiness is great.

Cloud has been here for years, unreleased. (I know this because I read a REALLY old topic about it on the old forums) They haven't even fixed the line problem on its right ear...
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Although this is a fantastic snot pet, I am truly disappointed that this is what we get for blumaroo day *mutters about royal*. Still, it is a good colour, and definitely one of the better snots. It is fantasticly drippy, the darker colour makes a fantastic snot, when compared to the bright brainasplodey of some of the other snot pets, and the defeated pose is LOVE.

Cloud is meh, and I could of sworn it was released already.
Last edited by Illuen on 08 Aug 2006 02:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Snot is really sort of creeping me out. It's very...chunky. And smiley. And kind of nightmarish. Eeesh. The beaten pose is sort of cute, but for the most part, whoa. Strange.

I still don't really understand why cloud is a colour.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Snot is awesome. It has a sort of dead expression which I love.

And for the Cloud one... I will second what Shmoe just said.
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

Snot is not bad for snot. O.o Though Royal would've bee nice *shrugs*

Cloud well it cloud O.o I think Blumaroo's need bit of a revamp along with Shoyru's , and Scorchios..

~ Chibi
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

ChibiDragon86 wrote:Snot is not bad for snot. O.o Though Royal would've bee nice *shrugs*

Cloud well it cloud O.o I think Blumaroo's need bit of a revamp along with Shoyru's , and Scorchios..

~ Chibi
*clutches onto his babies, snarling* Don't give TNT any ideas at all!
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Cloud is plain laziness - not only did they not fix the broken line on left ear but - it also has colour differences between poses (blue on ears, nose and paws).

Snot is very snotty. Darker shades really do it ;) *fights the strange urge to pick her nose all of a sudden*

Sorry Illuen didn't get his royals :(
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Jeeze. That's really lame. At first, I thought the script was broken because I didn't see cloud on the front page.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Snot is awesome. It looks so adorably skuzzy and gross. <3 I love the amount of detail, especially on the drippy bits, and how the Sad pose almost looks like it's melting. That's just brilliant! Easily the best Snot pet yet, aside from maybe the Buzz.

Cloud is... meh. Very, very meh. And quite sloppy; some of the clouds actually go over top of the black outline.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

I give snot a 10 for being clumpy, stringy and slimy looking, and I can't seem to wrap my mind around the happy pose in which I swear it looks like his tongue is out licking the little dribble off his own left ear.

I really like the dark yellow-y green they made it too. And although it does have rather thick lines, at least they aren't black lines.
Tree_XXII

Post by Tree_XXII »

aw...the new blumaroo colours are really dissapointing to me.
Snot is good for snot, but...I hate the snot colour. I despise and loathe the colour snot. So personally, I can't care if it's a good snot pet or not, I don't like it.
Cloud is very poor quality, it would be good if it didn't have half a dozen gaps in the lines and had a consistant ears/nose/feet colour.
I was kind of hoping for a blumaroo revamp, because it occured to me that blumaroos are my second favorite species (eyries are still the best) but I don't have any because I don't love their standard pose drawings. They really don't look bad, they're just not as great as I think they should be. I love all the recently drawn blumaroo characters (lilo, king, chef, Rohane, ect) and I want one something like those for a pet. However, when I thought about it I realised that usuls are still hideous, and need a revamp infinitely more....
gidget

Post by gidget »

I'm really, really peeved that we didn't get a Blumaroo revamp, especially after seeing the super-fantastic artwork on the Blumaroo Chef from the new plot.

Then, to add insult to injury, we get as one of the "new" colours an inferior colour-fill that's been on the servers for over a year.

That said. I like the snot as well as any of the snot pets out there. I'm sufficiently amused by the squicky licking himself in the happy pose to be somewhat happy about this colour addition.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Hmm... I was actually disappointed by the colors. o_o This is entirely Will's fault.

Snot is alright, and the beaten pose is love, but, the snot pets are generally disliked due to being called "snot". The cloud one is trashy. The shades of blue keep changing on it, and overall, they really just carped out.

I don't actually want to see a blumaroo revamp. I'd like to see updated lineart and shading, yes, but if TNT decides to revamp the blumaroo, they'll go overboard. Although it's not a pet I'm addicted to (or could get addicted to without a generous supply of RPers), it is one that has lasted the ages without being total tripe. Why fix what isn't broken?

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

God I love snot pets.

That's all I have to say on the matter.