Robot Meerca

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Robot Meerca

Post by Silverevilchao »

It's close to Meerca Day, isn't it?

All Poses

*throws a BIG fit*

Its lower jaw is missing in the Happy, Sad, and Beaten poses, it's busy as hell, and it has no cool gadgets... WHY, TNT?! WHY?!?!

EDIT: Did I mention its tail changes length in between poses?
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 17 Aug 2006 01:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh! I love how it's in exactly the same pose every time!

Oh wait no I hate that.
Image Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I actually think it's kind of nice... nothing spectacular, but a decent robot and one of the better meercas. I usually hate all meercas but I wouldn't cringe at seeing this on someone's account.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

What the carp is THAT? O_o

Gross, gross...

~X

EDIT :: It's crying living tears. I wouldn't mind if it had been crying like, oil or something, but... actual tears. Sorry, no.
Last edited by Xulael on 17 Aug 2006 02:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

...And of course, because the artist stupidly made the tongue a shade of dark grey nearly unto black, the Meerca's grin looks at first glance to be considerably larger and even goofier than normal. Even though I can make out the tongue, every time I look at this monstrosity it still looks like the mouth goes well below the waistline.

I know that everybody, TNT included, loathes Meercas, but that still doesn't justify this thing.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

*sigh* I love the design of this pet. But why did they kept the poses of the regular Meerca? Why isn't there any missiles/lightbulbs changing color depending on mood? definitely in the top 5 greatest Meerca, but definitely not in the greatest Robot pet.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

...Well, it's better than Electric.

Honestly, I've seen worse. I like the tail with the flat segments, the beaten pose is (as ever with Robot pets) amusingly blown up, umm... it has an antenna?

On the downside I'm not particularly fond of the colours, and I think the mouth looks too flexible and organic for a robot pet. The eyes appear to be peas and don't look like they're set into the head at all. And, of course, it's still a flippin' Meerca.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EverlynAkuma

Post by EverlynAkuma »

Ewew.

Oh, it's tail does change lengths on every pose... >.o

Is it just me, or do some of the more recent clors seem... not... good? xD
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

It has cute arms, feet and chosen colours are rather pretty (elven colours). I like the tail as well - but its lenght and number of "boards" is very inconsistent.

I might even find it cute overall if happy and circle pose didn't freak me out so much - something is so wrong there.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I like his little extending tail... :D
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

o.0;;;

Well, it shows signs of being a good concept. The tail's kind of cool, and the Meerca's ball shape has SO much possibility for robot--which they actually didn't use any of.

The color scheme, while not nescecsarally bad for a Robot pet, just doesn't work here. I think it'd look a lot better without pea eyes and if it wasn't green.

I don't HATE it--simply since it's one of the top 5 Meerca colors (not that that's saying much). Still, it's a wasted opportunitiy, and that annoys me.

EDIT: Oh yes, and is it just me, or does he look rather Grey Moehog-ish in this pose?

Heh heh heh... *hic* Heh heh...
Funkaneo123lala

Post by Funkaneo123lala »

Angry? You decide.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

No. Just...no.

It looks like it's licking its crotch in the happy and circle poses. The colors are icky and if it were a real computer it would have been obsolete in '95. I suppose I should be grateful I'm not a meerca fan.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh god. What the HELL.

We've been getting such awesome robot pets lately and then THIS?!

WHY does every single redrawn Meerca have to be in the exact.same.fucking.pose?! EVERY SINGLE ONE. They could have done something really cool with robot, but no! Let's put it bouncing on its tail like several metal robots have been known to do!

A part of me, the part of me that loves robot pets so much, died today.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

o_O It's huge... it's so much bigger than the regular Meerca, that that was the first thing I noticed. It's true.

Additionally, it's ugly and stupid and it's a Meerca D:
<3