Robot Meerca

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I like its tail..all chain-ish
Nothing To See Here
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I like the general design of it, but it's I don't know.. poorly executed I guess. I mean it was well executed in certain aspects like just how it generally looks, but colour scheme and the unaccurate details puts you off it. Also the lack of missles or any kind of robot activity aside from the broken bit in the beaten pose is a let down.

Close attack? Kind of looks like one, I can see what they were trying to do but no.. just doesn't really work at the end of the day.
ImageImage
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I don't think it's quite as bad as everyone else seems to think, but it's still not very good.

That's really it. It's not horrible, but not great. It's mreh.

It looks a bit like a freak accident between a basketball, a lime and a bus.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Whikey

Post by Whikey »

I really hate it -___-
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

There have been ghastly pets in the past who got awesome redraws on hit-and-miss colours, but this is not one of those times.

I don't dislike it because it's a meerca, although I have yet to see a meerca I like. I don't dislike it because it's robot, although robot has some dreadful examples for a colour with such cool potential.

I think I just dislike it because it's rubbish.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

...I like it.

*doesn't duck, that's stupid*
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I'm really disappointed that Meercas aren't getting a revamp for their day. I'm sure many would argue that there are others in more need, but the Meerca would surely be such a popular pet if they spruced it up a little. For one thing it has the best defeated pose -ever-.

Anyway, moving on to the Robot - I like that it is bigger, I love the tail, and I like that it is a Meerca that actually looks three dimensional. I don't like the colour scheme and I don't like the lack of imagination in the poses.

It is cute, it could have been a lot cuter.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I don't think it's too bad... different color scheme would make it a bit better, imo. The changing tail lengths are just as bad in the normal Meerca colors, as I recall (I'm feeling to lazy to actually compare). I do like how they did the tail, though.
Overall, it's not as good as *robot* can be, but it's as good as a *meerca* can be :P

Huggles wrote:It looks like it's licking it's crotch in the happy and circle poses.
Shmoe wrote:It looks a bit like a freak accident between a basketball, a lime and a bus.
XD
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Seems like someone came up with a decent idea and didn't put a lot of thought into the execution. The Mysterious Disappearing Jaw Trick and Magically Lengthening Tail don't amuse me. TNT must KNOW by now how much we love things like gadgets and creative poses--and doesn't anyone want to get creative and unusual with redraws anymore?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Well everybody mentioned the length of the tail allready, but I hope it's supposed to be rubber, otherwise it's very flexible metal.

I second most that has been said, this is only half a redraw! But I think the artist gets kudo's for trying a new colour combo, better than always using the same combinations.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

TNT has been releasing lots of Robot pets recently, which is a good thing.
This one might not be one of the best, but it's not that bad either.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

That is possibly one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

*blows it up*
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Hmm, I think it's actually a good design, the execution itself is just... meh. They didn't even bother to give it any new poses. :/ A shame, really... Robot pets are always so much better when they're given lots of neat gadgety doodads and such. I really like what they did with the tail, though. This really could've been a great pet (and the Meerca definitely needs more actual GOOD colors) if they hadn't gotten so lazy and had actually redrawn it more... as it is, it's just... there. Not particularly good, not horrible, just... there.
Float

Post by Float »

But..but.. but I really like it! I like the colors a lot, I loove the tail (and don't have the attention span to notice its inconstistancies), and its just.. cute. I guess it gets a bit boring after a while looking at the poses but ehhh i still like it
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Fullmetal Dragon wrote:o_O It's huge... it's so much bigger than the regular Meerca, that that was the first thing I noticed. It's true.
I noticed that too. Does anyone think that the body is horribly disporportionate in the circle, happy, angry and sad in comparison to the tail. The BD poses are much more evened out. I think this pet has the potential to be much better, and I second that meercas definitely need a revamp.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy