Ice Grundo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I love this! Wow, besides the Faerie, it my favorite color for Grundos now. It even has frozen tears in the sad pose!

Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

First, mad props to the artist(s) for the creatitive goodness. I love the icicle tears on the sad pose and the melty goodness in beaten. <3

But I'm annoyed by the dark splotches in the ends of the stalks - they look very flat and far too dark to me. It's especially noticable here:

However the angular edges are quite nifty, And I do love the jagged bits that are broken off in the hit pose. I'm also v.v. glad that we didn't get one more shiny glass pet carrying a "But I'm Ice! Really!" placard.

All in all, I don't think I want one for myself, but I bet a lot of people will - and I think it's a nice addition to the ice color. And this pose rocks:

Last edited by Kamil on 23 Aug 2006 01:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I must have one! :)
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

My initial reaction was "ick," but I think that has to do with the fact that the outlines are so harsh. I wish it looked more translucent, but I do like the jagged, faceted quality it has.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Not perfect, but definitely a step in the right direction. This is how ice pets are supposed to be drawn, but the colours are still wrong.

Ice isn't that blue. I'm not saying they need to be clear, but the blue is too harsh. It needs to get toned down to something softer.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Hm. My firs tthought was "Wtf?" but now I rather like it and how much it looks like an actual bunch of ice cubes that were thrown in a plastic bag in the freezer together and all got stuck into a fun shape. Kudos to the artist that did it!

... I still love Ice Hissis, though ;_; My only issue with Ice is it still reminds me so much of the good ol' glass paint brush.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

At first glance, I thought I hated it because it's the same sort of style as the ice zafara. But that has all kinds of horrible anatomy problems, and this is fine. I don't know that I love it, but it's well done, and I agree with those who think this is what ice pets should be.

I dislike the ends of the stalks, but I love the eyes. They're perfect.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Oh ho. This is indeed a nicely ice-looking Ice pet. No glass here :D

That said, I don't like Grundos much. XD But this is still really nicely done. I applaud the meltyness and no bandages! Hooray!
<3
Semmi

Post by Semmi »

Wow, I love this, and being a grundo fan I'm glad the ice is great. It's all jaggedy and melty and there's the breakage of the stalk and they eyes are really fabulous. Not a huge fan of the dark ends of the stalks, but other than that I think it's great.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I love it. It's all awesome, the angles, frozen tears, broken parts and meltingness.

I however don't like the colour inside the antennae as many people have mentioned, seems too green and no rendering of any kind. I also don't like the outline, seems too green? I don't know.

Either way looks good I likes a lot ^^
ImageImage
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

An ice grundo that's actually an ice grundo - I like it.

With this and the fire xweetok, is it too much to believe that TNT's artists are thinking a bit harder about the concepts they draw? Is it going to be an ongoing trend?
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I liked it very much.
Congratulations to the artist.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Wow :o Very creative!

Colors are nice and I love the icy extras they added to the poses. Well done!
Not all who wander are lost.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Not bad, not bad at all. Kudos for the melting beaten pose, totally!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Funkaneo123lala

Post by Funkaneo123lala »

I like it a lot :mrgreen: The eyes in particular.