Chocolate Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I like it. :3 I'd never own any scorchio but the plushie one, but this one's still nice. :D Best chocolate pet we have, too. ^^

I can say I'd be pleased if this were to become a revamp. 'Course, I thought that way when the pirate/faerie/halloween shoys came out, and looks where that's went. -pessimist-
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Candycorn! :D That's pretty awesome right there. I like how it actually looks chocolatey, especially in the beaten pose (yey, no bandages either). I think it's definitely the, um, yummiest Choco pet we've gotten so far at any rate. :P

As for a potential revamp, it's alright I guess. Still not something I'd rush out and get right away, but it does have some neat touches. I like the fact that it clearly has teeth in the poses besides Angry now.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

It looks much better than a standard Scorchio. I so hope when they revamp the scorchio they change the defended and hit poses, because they are just plain ugly.
LΟL
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

rebelheart wrote:It looks much better than a standard Scorchio. I so hope when they revamp the scorchio they change the defended and hit poses, because they are just plain ugly.
...and the Ranged Attack with those f'ed up arms. That pose looks painful.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Eee! definitely the best Chocolate pet. Just like the rest of you, I'm thrilled that they used Candycorn for the spikes.

And... Scorchio revamp? I have to say it sounds good to me, I had a certain fondness for them when I joined since they were the only really dragonlike pet then (Shoyru was okay, but I never really liked the look of it much), but I never got one though since the art was so weird. I agree that if they changed it too much it wouldn't be a Scorchio anymore, so a revamp like this is probably the best we can hope for.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I think scorchios could lose a little weight and still keep their original style. I wish weremagnus would do their revamp. x) Her picture of Daisuke is the most kick ass scorchio I've ever seen:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/225 ... q=scorchio
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh yes, I lurve that pic. Her newest one of Daisuke is a bit more like the official art, but I cannot say enough how much I hate that their bellys drag along the ground. I'd be very tempted to get a camo scorchio if they fixed the legs and stomach. This, however, is alright. Not great, the eyes do still look a bit too fleshy, but I agree that it's the most chocolately looking so far. I suppose the chia looks edible, but it's unfortunately still a chia.
smurfie

Post by smurfie »

I had to laugh at myself....I saw it and immediately thought "SWEET!" that is, until I realized my own pun :oops: Definitely liking the concept :)
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

It's great looking.
I realy hope this is a sign that the so needed revamp is coming.
Scorchio's art is too outdated and flat. I don't really care about Scorchios, but those who do deserve much better than the current one.
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

I like it, because it DOES look like chocolat, not brown ( like the korbat if I recall correctly ).

:D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

THAT'S SO COOOOOL!

And a possible revamp? If so, it'll be subtle yet fairly sufficient, I think. I don't like when pets get such a massive revamp (except in the Uni's case, the previous one was $@&#ing hideous) that it loses its character. Some were bearable in that the artwork was better, but sometimes the loss in character (and addition of "cute") was tragic. This would be nice for the Scorchio, to still be a jolly little chubby dragonish critter, but now not such a flat tub.

But for now, I'll just wish I liked Scorchios enough to want this, as it deserves admiration, in my opinion.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I absolutely adore this colour and am a HUGE fan of the artist, whoever it is. This colour just has SO much creativity -- chocolate tears, flying cream in the hit poses and the world's cutest bite marks in the beaten pose. Massive kudos.

As a revamp, I wouldn't be thrilled -- in addition for the reasons other people have brought up, the smile in the circle pose is a little bit gigantic to the point where I find it disturbing. I'm still holding out for the Desert Scorch, slimer and with better facial expressions, to be the redraw, at least for circle. The other poses are better in the Chocolate, IMHO
Compare
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Melted AND eaten. Lovely.

I'd love for scorchio's to get a decent revamp. This is good enough for me. I still wouldnt own one, but I wouldnt cringe whenever I see them.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Carmelly, carmelly, candy corn!

Anything that's got candy corn on it is an auto win in my book. Yum! :D
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Paint

Post by Paint »

Love the candy corn spikes :D Great add to it. Other than that, it's still a Scorchio so major meh. Hope they get a /proper/ revamp. I don't like the way they squat.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.