Royalboy and Royalgirl Kyrii

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Dammits. I just noticed the boy has an extra finger on each hand. Grr.
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Okay, these are good and all that, it's all been covered in the topic above.

There's just one thing that bothers me. That really, really bothers me, and that's that their faces are different from that of the other Kyrii.

A full comparison with Brown

Part of this might be because the royals seem to face in a slightly different direction from the other Kyrii, but still something seems different. Close attack shows this quite well.

Image Image

Royalboy and Brown. It seems to me that the normal Kyrii has a larger face, with the lower jaw being removed. Also, the nose clearly stands out on the Royalboy, while the same place is flat with the Kyrii.

Image Image

These two poses are more similar than the ones above, and so give a better indication. The proportions of the royalgirl's face is different from the brown Kyrii.

Someone mentioned that they thought these were Gnorbu at first. I can see where that's common from - this face almost seems to be a mix of Kyrii and Gnorbu features.
Trith

Post by Trith »

They're both lovely. The poses are brilliant and full of personality. The colours are gorgeous, too. I have to agree with Slugawoo, though, they're very Gnorbu-ish in some of their poses.

The royalgirl may have me rethinking my decision to get a flotsam. :/
Mesmirez

Post by Mesmirez »

Huggles wrote:Dammits. I just noticed the boy has an extra finger on each hand. Grr.
...A Count Rugen kyrii? ;D
Thanks TheLoneTiel for the siggy^^

Sub | Neo | DA
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Wow, I didn't even recognise them as kyriis. But lost and lots of awesomnes there! All the detail: the glove, the purse!

Need one! Now!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Huggles wrote:Dammits. I just noticed the boy has an extra finger on each hand. Grr.
Aww...way to spoil our fun! :P

...it's cause they're Royal, that's a genetic sign of the Royal lineage - yeah, that'll work for me.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

I'm I the only one that thinks the Royalboy looks like alternate dimension Spock from the Original Star Trek?

Actually, I'm probably the only one here who knows what I'm talking about.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

oogabooga wrote:Huh. I don't like them nearly as much as you all seem to. Maybe it's because I'm tired... They're good, I guess, but they don't thrill me. The royalboy's face looks like the llamas in Emperor's New Groove.
I'm with ya. While I think the art is nice, these really don't shout "Kyrii" to me. They do remind me a lot of llamas or maybe even Gnorbu.
Image Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Yeah, about the Gnorbu resemblence thing....

I now see that in the royalgirl beaten pose! AW, it's annoying me now!

....You can really see it because she has her mouth open, and because of that her face looks less pointy.

That pose is win though, and while it's irritating now, it probably won't bother me come tomorrow because I'll still want one regardless.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

Mmm, pretty.

Gibbly wants.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

I...really love these. o_o! I mean, okay, yea, their faces are different than the average kyrii, but whatever, they're royal. Royalty can get however many facelifts they like. They can also get some magical surgery to get more fingers or whatever. XD

I just adore their attitudes and colors. The female is throwing her makeup at people. Sheer win, right there. And the male just has this "I'm a total pretty boy and better than you in every way" attitude in every pose.

Augh. Must resist urge to get one.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Yeah, I kept checking to make sure that these were supposed to be Kyrii, because they look wayyyyy too much like gnorbus for me to automatically see them as any other Neopets species.

With that said, these are wonderfully done, fantastically royal and snooty with lovely lines and great colours. (Although I can't tell about the royalgirl as much, since my monitor at work makes everything a bit too bright and washed out).

Very nicely done. (Even if I do think they work better as gnorbus).
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Royal Girl Kyrii/Baby Gnorbu comparison

Well, I know what you guys are talking about now...but what the heck are Kyriis in the first place? For all we know, the Kyrii and the Gnorbu species could be related. :|
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Neopets actually came out with color I would consider owning again. Amazing >>;; The royal boy reminds me of a character I already have and it's probably the reason I like him so much ^^;; Still, I wouldn't want the same thing over again -_-;; The royal girl is amazing too. *gives a cookie to the neopets artists*

Fae
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

After trying to draw a somewhat more anatomically correct kyrii profile, before the revamp, I can say that without their mullet they look somewhat like anthro rabbits. Even after the revamp, the facial structure on the kyrii is still wonky. Mainly the lack of or oddly placed lower jaw that just wouldn't function properly the way it's drawn, and it's different in almost every pose. I've only managed to find a couple user pics over the years that seem to make it work. And as gnorbus, they'd be hideously disgusting.