Royalboy and Royalgirl Kyrii

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I can't see the Gnorbu in it. I see a couple added deerlike features. Especially in the shape of the head (well, I was talking about the royalgirl but on a second glance the royalboy looks really deerish).

The colors don't burn the eyes and aren't pretty much the worst possible combinations. Good jerb
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

My only gripe is the purple skin-fur on the fella there. I'm not sure why, really, but it just doesn't work for me. Makes me think of prunes or something. Oh, wait.

Image Image

There we go.
Okay, so it isn't the same colour. But still. Very purple. And the face does seem a touch on the Gnorbu side in some poses but ah well. Much love for the original poses and personalities (petsonalities?). The defeated poses are just plain awesome.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

best pose EVER!!!! THis is the best royal pet yet
ladyredhat

Post by ladyredhat »

These are sweet but hey they changed the girl - and introduced an inconsistency to the sad pose - the lace collar is now magically over her hair whereas it is under it in all the other poses (except angry, which I could swear they also changed but NC doesn't have an old one)

NEW Sad Image OLD Sad Image

For comparison, Happy:

I hate inconsistencies, especially in otherwise-awesome, expensive colors. But the new beaten pose, with details such as running mascara, dirty dress and torn gloves is an improvement.

I am pretty sure I'll get a royalboy - as a kyrii freak I must have at least one of these, and the boy's my favorite so far.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I also don't remember this angry pose.

I don't like all of the changes, I liked the old beaten pose better actually, this one is overdone.

And allthough I understand cleaning up some poses, I don't understand redoing entire poses that were good before. there are a lot more pets that could do with some tinkering than brand new shiny pretties.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The RG angry pose is love. I'm sure it wasn't as cool before.

I like the dirt on the dress. The injuries clash a little too much.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I noticed that too, but didn't think much of it since showing old poses brings up nothing. I like the new beaten pose, I'm indifferent to the sad except for the collar you mentioned, and I'm wondering if angry has been changed. I'm fairly certain she wasn't pulling her hair in the original pose, but I like this new one.

*waves to ladyredhat* Post more!
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think the new RG beaten pose is way too busy now. :o I like the angry pose, but I doubt someone so... royal/stuck up would pull out their hair like that. xD

This is just like when they changed those Geraptiku pets. ;_; Release them, and a day later change them on everyone. -.-;

The new sad pose is stupid. With the messed up collar and all. But since you probably will never see it, I guess it doesn't matter. They're still very nice looking royals. :3

But I'm changing my opinion. I like the royal boy more now. <.<;
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

Ah, I am so happy to see the Royal Girl got some touchups. In most of the poses, her dress seemed rather flat - it's now got better shading and highlights were added.

Overall, I'm with the majority - I absolutely love them. I'm contemplating one or the other, but am going to wait before doing anything. Just glad to see such a lovely pair arrive on the site.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow, these are both actually pretty good, especially seeing as how I *rarely* like royal pets.

Though when I first saw them on the news page I honestly thought they were Gnorbus. x) It was mainly the male I think, it has a gnorbu-ish face.

The poses are really fantastic, and I like the soft colours on the female. I probably wouldn't own either of them, I'm just not an anthro pet fan, but they are really nicely drawn.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't mind the changes to the royalgirl. I love the new sad pose, actually. I just.. that collar thing is really going to bother me now. Hopefully some TNT lurker here will notice that and get it fixed >_>;

I do like the running mascara in the beaten pose now though xD
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

The Royalgirl beaten pose sucks now ;__;

All you need to do artists is switch close and ranged (and the RG beaten pose back) - pwease?
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

They're kinda nice, but at first glance they didn't look much kyriish to me either. The ears are smaller compared to the head's size and the face is indeed longer and not as round as the regular Kyrii's. I would have preferred a little more contrast in the girl's clothing, too, but that's just personal taste.
And I tried refreshing and loading the pictures again but I don't see a difference in poses than from when i first saw them so I hope someone can post them?
LΟL
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Huh. I'm not much for the change, but I still think these are the best Royal pets ever (perhaps tieing with the Flotsam). Both of them have so much character, I especially like the Royalboy's glove-slap pose and the Royalgirl's beaten and Ranged attack. I probably like the girl a little more, just because the boy's haircut is kinda weird looking to me and the girl has a prettier colorscheme. Still, both are great pets, and kudos to the artist for using so much creativity.

EDIT: And to those who are saying they look Gnorbuish, well, I've been seeing that for a long time, so it's nothing new. Between the rabbit-like nose and large rounded ears (especially obvious with this color), they always looked alike, it just becomes more obvious when you square the Kyrii's head a bit.
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

I love them because their poses have so much character in them, but they are a bit busy in some places. And I'm not too fussed about the colour, I think it looks rather silky or velvety ^^