Halloween Draik

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

PharaonicQuiche wrote:I do like the execution... I just don't like the concept. Never was big on the whole Frankenstein trip, I guess. Nice to see a draik that's not so crowded, though.
Same here. I don't like Halloween pets that have already been done (Mummy, witch, ect.). I would like to hav seen something new. The artwork is great though.
Image Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

It isn't bad... I was just hoping for something a bit more original that hadn't been done before, especially for a pet as "special" and expensive as the Draik.

Still, for a generally overused Halloween idea, it's pretty good. I like the circle pose lots (especially how, if you look at it the right way, it almost looks like it has ONE big bolt driven right through its scrawny little neck. XD) The shade of green used for its skin is a little too bright and limey though.
Whikey

Post by Whikey »

I like it a lot.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm not a draik fan but I can definitely live with first 4 emotion poses and beatan one. They show a lot of character even if the halloween costume they picked isn't an original one. I even sort of like angry one a lot - it reminds me of imprisoned Sirius Black for some reason... anyways, it all falls apart at battle poses for me - I loathe those on original draik and these have not been reposed a bit. Ugh!
Last edited by zebru on 07 Sep 2006 01:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Monkeyguy wrote:
PharaonicQuiche wrote:I do like the execution... I just don't like the concept. Never was big on the whole Frankenstein trip, I guess. Nice to see a draik that's not so crowded, though.
Same here. I don't like Halloween pets that have already been done (Mummy, witch, ect.). I would like to hav seen something new. The artwork is great though.
I third this sentiment. I think it's very well done for what it is, but I don't know, the concept itself does nothing for me. It would be better to have a skeletal, ghosty dragon or something. Not something dressed up as Frankenstein's monster. Still better than a normal draik, though.
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Thankfully I don't have to add this to my "saving for" list.

We have enough Frankenstein pets.
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

Meh. I like it.

Frankly, I was afraid I'd like it too much. I already have a list of really expensive pets I'm saving for.
teainger

Post by teainger »

Kinda ugly to me. Would never touch Zar!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Bleh. It's still piss poor excuse for a dragon. Maybe if they had altered the circle pose so it wasn't still in that "flying yet balancing on it's tail" pose to one where it stands straight up, and shrunk the size of its head...No, it'd still be awful.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Huggles wrote:Bleh. It's still piss poor excuse for a dragon...., and shrunk the size of its head...No, it'd still be awful.
...Okay! (After hours of deliberation) That's what I don't like about it! I saw that and I liked the slight redraw of the pose, but yeah, the head is huge! Also, I'm also really getting sick of the same few regurgitated ideas for Halloween pets (Witch, Frankenstien, Devil, etc.) It's really not all that hard to come up with something more original, like the person who said "Bride of Frankenstien" would be an excellent idea for the usul since there was a perfect usuki already released that could be a model for the species.....

....BRING BACK THE OLD HALLOWEEN USUL! *cries*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
strange_infatuation

Post by strange_infatuation »

Oh, it's Frankenstein. ._. Just like all the other Frankenstein pets and petpets. Yay.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

well it doesn't look ass mushed in like the other draiks and I like how it's eyes are like rolled in-ish, IT's not TNT's best but hey it's not their worst
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

...Damn.

I was hoping for something really original and cool when I clicked this thread, so it was a dissapointment to come face to face with this. :?

I mean, this kind of thing's been so overdone for the Halloween colour, and I was expecting draiks to get something really kickass for Halloween. Bleh, I just don't like it much. It's boring. Nothing wrong with the artwork, just I was hoping for something better.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You'd think that a person who enjoys zombies as much as I do would like the Frankenstein Halloween colors more, but no. No. I get irritated by all the people saying "Frankenstein" instead of "Frankenstein's monster" and oh also the fact that it's been done already. Blah. All is blah.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

*pokes*

A few decaying bits of flesh and a hungry for brains stare is all it needs.