Electric Draik

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Slugawoo

Electric Draik

Post by Slugawoo »

I like it. :D
All Poses
huyet

Post by huyet »

It's a nice color. They placed all the little lightning bolt shaped things all over it. I like the colors, but will there ever be a pet that has electricity crackling when it gets angry though?
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

Shiny I know who's rushing off to paint there draik this color. :3 Whoot t'is a nice electric color. ^^ Yeaaaaa!!

I give it a 3 out of 5. ^^

~ Chibi
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Yay? I don't like basic draiks. Too happy grinny.

A good color, I understand there are those that were waiting for it.

I'm personally rooting for an invisible draik, maybe they'll be nice and release it as a last minute easy color. But then I'd want to go out and create one...
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

huyet wrote:It's a nice color. They placed all the little lightning bolt shaped things all over it. I like the colors, but will there ever be a pet that has electricity crackling when it gets angry though?
Er, this one does:

A few other Electric pets have crackling electricity in the Angry pose, too.

Anyway, I really like the dark blue bolts on the light blue wings... I dunno why, I just think that's a neat touch.

But all that really matters is that it has angry sparks, that's all I ever ask for in an electric pet :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

How do I hate it? Let me count the ways.

Actually, I'm too lazy to go into all the reasons I hate it. Mostly they have to do with the fact that I loathe non-redraw Draiks and lazy electric pets. Especially when the electric pet in question costs more than any other to obtain.

Makes it being completely and totally owned by a cheapo pet like the electric Tuskaninny just that little bit more onerous.

Image Image

How sad is that? Same pose for both, worlds of difference in the execution.

Man, Draiks got jacked this year. o_0
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Electric Draik is slightly redrawn (in a few poses).

*cough*

Sparks, oh sparks, wherefore art thou sparks in the battledome poses?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Electric again? *yawns*

What's with spoiling us with beautifully executed electric tuskaninny, only to follow it with crappy peo and mediocre draik? It's not teribble but it does show off all shortcomings of draik anathomy...
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

*sigh* Another pet day, another crappy electric pet. I try so hard to love draiks, too. *mopes* well I love MY draik. But JEEZ, TNT, get off the electric kick - your electric pets, with the exception of the tuskaninny, FAIL.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I know a few people who have been waiting for this color to come out for *ages* It's okay, nothing too spectatular. They certainly didn't put any effort into it like the tuskaninny, however : /

Fae
gidget

Post by gidget »

Not a Draik fan, nor an Electric fan. I do however like the little detail of the darker zap marks on the webbing of the wings.

I'd still give it an average mark for both the species and colour.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I was hoping for nice redraws, but I know someone that was watching for an electric draik for ages so I'm happy for them. :D
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

jessibean wrote:But JEEZ, TNT, get off the electric kick - your electric pets, with the exception of the tuskaninny, FAIL.
*smites*

Hee. This is kinda boring though but only because I was hoping for a revamp that would send everyone in a spin. Nice for those who have been waiting for it though, personally I still don't understand the attraction for these hella expensive pets.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

A Draik revamp would be a waste of time, imo. I honestly *like* the draik how it is and would be horribly disappointed if they revamped it - especially if it was done in the same style as the Halloween Draik.
There are plenty of pets that need it much more. Chia? Usul? Bruce? Peophin (the totally missed the opportunity on it's day)? ELEPHANTE (this I have been waiting for since those shopkeepers came out)?!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, on to the Electric Draik: Such an expensive pet should get more. I completely missed the sparks in the angry pose, until Saturn pointed it out. They're too light. As pretty much everone else pointed out, it needs more sparks. But I guess it's not horrible.

Silverevilchao - where are the redrawn bits? I can't see a difference :?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

lavender wrote:A Draik revamp would be a waste of time, imo. I honestly *like* the draik how it is and would be horribly disappointed if they revamped it - especially if it was done in the same style as the Halloween Draik.
There are plenty of pets that need it much more. Chia? Usul? Bruce? Peophin (the totally missed the opportunity on it's day)? ELEPHANTE (this I have been waiting for since those shopkeepers came out)?!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, on to the Electric Draik: Such an expensive pet should get more. I completely missed the sparks in the angry pose, until Saturn pointed it out. They're too light. As pretty much everone else pointed out, it needs more sparks. But I guess it's not horrible.

Silverevilchao - where are the redrawn bits? I can't see a difference :?
Happy pose - the corner of the mouth isn't curved upward as usual, also, the pupils of the eyes are in different positions.

Photo pose is different.

I could probably spot a couple tiny changes, but I just woke up, and I'm going back to sleep.