Faerie techo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Wow, quite a nice Techo... never thought I'd say that...

... I meant to do that.
reissue

Post by reissue »

I love this techo! It's about time a little lizard was given some justice! I really love the idea for the wings, he's so happy and brightly colored, I just adore it! Big kudos to TNT
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

The only problem I have with it is it looks more Maraquan than Faerie.

It's lovely, but I can't see the wings as anything other than fins. Combined with the swirly (and by swirly, I mean underwater-looking) pose, and the colour similarity to the Maraquan Ixi... I really can't see anything but an aquatic creature.

Despite that, it's very pretty. I like the little toe ball...things. Cute.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

Gliding lizard! Booya! I love it when they reference real animals :D This design is so awesome, I'd seriously consider owning one.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Holy Kau.

I think this color redeemed Techos. When I saw the topic, I feared I would find flat wings pasted behind a fuschia colorfill. I love it. I'm putting it on my "Keepers" list for my side account's lab ray.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Wow this is gorgeous, now I think I know what I'm going to paint Quezalacetyl on my side. The colours are gorgeous and though the swirly-ness does remind me of maraquan it fits for faerie as well. The beaten pose is adroable *huggle poor crashed out techo*.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I love the yellow/blue colour scheme, I wish regular Techos had coloured knees and tails, it looks so much better than just the few spots on their heads. I don't know what to think of the antennae though, they make it look so Ruki-like. Best Techo colour for me is still grey. *hugs Xeller*
LΟL
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

It's lovely, but the antenae seem odd. :?

I'm kinda inbetween with this... it's nicely drawn and the colors aren't bad, but I'm not liking it as much as I *want* to.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I love techos as a species so I'm really glad to see they've got yet another awesome redraw colour. It looks really pretty, I can't wait to see the bd poses so I can make my mind up ^^
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Techoes already had three colors I liked, one of them was unzappable.

Let me say than I'm not zapping on my third lab before the thing is released, later tonight. Because the lab pet is a Techo, and, I'M on a color change roll. Perhaps I'd be feeling lucky?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Oh, it is BEAUTIFUL. Makes me see Techos in an entirely new light. The wings are incredible.

I want one!

Dream, you don't have a Techo. Or enough money for a Faerie PB.

I still want one. For some reason, this pet looks far more alive than your regular Techo.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Phlizz

Post by Phlizz »

Finally a colour I'd actually consider painting my Techo, who has been red for over four years - because while I've always liked Techos, there has never been a colour I've preferred over the basic shades (except Darigan, which is totally wrong for him). The wings are lovely, and I like the antennae (regardless of whether or not they make 'sense'!) and the markings in particular - even though these aren't colours I would have chosen myself, the design is nice enough that I don't care.

...So all I need now is for the Faerie PB to come down from its ridiculously inflated price, because I'm sure that will be happening any day now :D (and that was definitely a Faerie Snorkle I just saw going past my window)!
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

O. M. G. I want it. >.o

It's so incredibly awesome. Must. Have. Noooow. -twitch-
But it will have to wait until I'm done zapping my Pteri for Faerie. ._.;
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I'm surprised- even though it's a kind of yellowy orange I really like it. And I love the speckled change from yellow to blue, it looks very natural.

It's very pretty, and I like it enough to get one... but I'm still going to sit on the fence a bit longer until I've seen all the poses.

Looking a bit more closely at the photo picture (which I would never ordinarily do but as there are no BD poses I don't have to scroll to see it) the position of the eyes has been changed, which is rather cute- I didn't know they ever did that. In fact, it might be nice if the happy pose had the same eyes as the photo does... if I was more skilled I'd actually try to edit the picture to do that.

EDIT: *tries anyway*

Neopets wishlists: here
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

This Techo day is gonna be cool. 8) BUT, I don't really want to give my over-all opinion until I see sad, angry, and BD poses.

From what I can tell, I don't really like it. (I guess that's just my mood today :? ) The wings are cool, colors are cool, it just... doesn't catch me. The antenaes kind-of bug me, and the sad pose seems blumaroo-ish.

Owel, I've got an exspensive enough goal to get Kame painted grey!