Spotted and Robot Poogles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Spotted and Robot Poogles

Post by Silverevilchao »

Meh.

"Luke, I am your father."
"NOOOOO!"

(click on images for all poses)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Oh. My. God.

That robot poogle is flipping awesome! xD I don't want one, but still...! <3
Armi

Post by Armi »

Darn Silver you posted exactly what I thought when I saw robo poogle.

"Lupe, I am your father!" *shoots self*

Anyways, robo poogle is both creepy and awesome and I hate poogles with a passion. The color and the skull looking face rocks! Kinda wish it had claws though, but that's me.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Armi wrote:Darn Silver you posted exactly what I thought when I saw robo poogle.

"Lupe, I am your father!" *shoots self*

Anyways, robo poogle is both creepy and awesome and I hate poogles with a passion. The color and the skull looking face rocks! Kinda wish it had claws though, but that's me.
Yeah, the second I saw the Robot Poogle, I instantly thought of Darth Vader. xD It's the color scheme and face...
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 16 Sep 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

The robot looks rather bullish to me. Or in some poses almost porcine. I think it's the snout. And it looks in places like a real poogle wearing a mask and costume.

I like the colours though. Overall it's not spectacular, though it has lots of nice touches, but it's also not necessarily bad. Just doesn't do anything for me.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

The first thing I saw when I saw the Robot is that It reminds me a /ton/ of the goblins in FFXi.

I really really like it, but I have no room for anything else ever.

Spotted is meh, really.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Darth Vader invasion wut. D:

Well... I'm no Poogle fan, so I don't have much of an opinion. They're not horrible colors... just wish the robot wasn't so obviously a Darth Vader wannabe. o_o I wonder if they'll change it. I mean, they changed petpets because users realized straight off what was being referenced (predator petpet, anyone?).

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Xulael wrote:Darth Vader invasion wut. D:

Well... I'm no Poogle fan, so I don't have much of an opinion. They're not horrible colors... just wish the robot wasn't so obviously a Darth Vader wannabe. o_o I wonder if they'll change it. I mean, they changed petpets because users realized straight off what was being referenced (predator petpet, anyone?).

~X
Aw, man, that would suck.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I don't care for the Robot, it's not Poogly enough. Spotted is nice though.
Image Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

How is it no-one has commented on the robot poogle beaten pose yet?

Genius.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Holy crap DARTH POOGLE. Haha yay. I personally love it, though I think the thing that amuses me the most about it is the fact that it's probably one of the most down right badass Robot pets yet... and it's a freaking Poogle. You'd expect something like this from the Grarrl or something.

Neat color scheme too.

And I doubt they'd change it. I mean, there is the Griefer petpet, after all, which is a much more obvious reference than this. And incidentally would make a most excellent match for a Robot Poogle.

Image Image

YES. VERY YES.

Spotted is... very spotted. Heh. Not bad though.
dork alert: when I saw the Spotted Poogle in the OP with "Meh." right under it, my very first thought - "holy crap it's a The Cheat pet!" XD; Now that I look at it... it is quite Cheat-y. Sort of
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Artist who did robot? Here, have a plate of cookies. Nice large ones, fresh from the oven. Milk too, if you'd like.

How very nice to see this one following in the footsteps of the Cybunny, etc. instead of going down the Meerca's lazy road. Robot pets with fancy gadgets, shiny force fields, and niftyon-board systems that shoot cool missles that KILL THINGS.

Win.

That said, it is a little porcine in a few poses for me, but I adore the skull-like,Vaderesque head, very very cool. Hopefully not so cool that it gets the pet redrawn - although looking at the images Will posted it could just as easily be homage to one of those as to LV.

And as Madge mentioned, the beaten pose is genius.

*also offers large cooler full of ice-cold beer, in case the artist in question prefers that to the cookies*

I'll be over here, pretending spotted doesn't exist. *la la la la la*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Oooh, prettyful robot. NOt going to spend the costs for one, but very cool indeed.

Nitpick: Darth Vader's actual line is not "Luke, I am your father." It's "No, I'm your father!" *grin*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That's so freaking weird. It doesn't remind me of Vader so much as some other monster I can't seem to think of right now. Maybe a variation of Spawn? I swear to unholy Bob I will kill them if they don't release more poogles on Poogle day. I don't have to have this, but I might have if the blue looked a bit more metallic and less like plastic or rubber. The color of the rocket doesn't really match the rest of the pet in the ranged attack pose either. Oh oh. And where are it's giant gleaming metal poogly teeth? I'm sure they could fit under the mouth gaurd somehow.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Kamil wrote:Artist who did robot? Here, have a plate of cookies. Nice large ones, fresh from the oven. Milk too, if you'd like.

How very nice to see this one following in the footsteps of the Cybunny, etc. instead of going down the Meerca's lazy road. Robot pets with fancy gadgets, shiny force fields, and niftyon-board systems that shoot cool missles that KILL THINGS.

Win.

That said, it is a little porcine in a few poses for me, but I adore the skull-like,Vaderesque head, very very cool. Hopefully not so cool that it gets the pet redrawn - although looking at the images Will posted it could just as easily be homage to one of those as to LV.

And as Madge mentioned, the beaten pose is genius.

*also offers large cooler full of ice-cold beer, in case the artist in question prefers that to the cookies*

I'll be over here, pretending spotted doesn't exist. *la la la la la*
Is it sad that I saw LV and went "Lord Voldemort, WTF? .....Oooooh"
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.