Grey and Pink Skeith

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

o_0

*points up* What Huggles said.

Oy.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, the Grey Skeith looks very confusing, it actually took me a while to figure out what it was doing in each of the poses, and it looks like a figure made of play-doh.

The Pink Skeith's nice, I suppose. The colors don't burn the eyes, but, it's PINK, which is ridiculously expensive for what it offers.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Silverevilchao wrote:The colors don't burn the eyes, but, it's PINK, which is ridiculously expensive for what it offers.
True, but you have to remember there's an avatar tagged onto it as well so you can expect ridiculous inflation on the paint brush.
Image Image
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Okay, about Pink.. am I the only one who is seeing this, or do the white spikes sometimes change to yellow, or the other way around? Just compare the tail in Image to Image. A similar thing happens to the back in the Ranged Attack pose.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

They're always yellow? A really pale fugly shade of yellow.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Sorry. :) I don't see any white spikes.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Pink... not much I can say about it. It's a pink Skeith, if that's what you've been waiting for then hooray.

Grey... yeah, I think this works - hard for me to tell because I find Skeith rather offputting to look at at the best of times. It reminds me of Ludo from Labyrinth, without really looking anything like him.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I kinda like the grey skeith myself, true it looks a little bit gloopy, but it doesn't actually bother me that much. As for the pink, it's a lovely shade and I like that they've used cream to compliment the colour instead of the usual bright yellow, now I definitely know I want Arex-Looee to be that colour *_*, pity the brush is so expensive.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I like Grey Skeith's facial expressions. It doesn't look depressed - it looks like someone hurt him and he wants to hide (even if it's impossible due to his size). As for anathomy - there too much going on there. All battle poses look rushed and sketchy. I still want to give it a hug, poor thing ;)

Pink is meh.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I thought that too, nuts_back- put it down to me misremembering, but I went on Google and it turns out that there was indeed one which appeared on the server this time last year. It was a bubblegum pink, like the Bruce or Zafara, but I can't find any images, unfortunately, and I know it was never announced in the news.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Oooh, I like the Pink Skeith. It's not bright.

And for the Grey one.... ugh. I hate it. The lines are so thick, and sometimes the poses looks so deformed. Meh!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

As an added thought, and I'm sure no one else sees this, but the grey skeith looks like it was done by the same person that did the Royalboy poogle .I say this because of the large, overused number of lines in the face that are really unnecessary.

Image Image

Yeah, I see something similar. I must be crazy x_x
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

jessibean wrote:As an added thought, and I'm sure no one else sees this, but the grey skeith looks like it was done by the same person that did the Royalboy poogle .I say this because of the large, overused number of lines in the face that are really unnecessary.

Image Image

Yeah, I see something similar. I must be crazy x_x
That, and the shape of the ears...
dlfreak

Post by dlfreak »

I wasn't sure what was off-putting about the grey skeith. I wanted to say it was the shading but it's not too terribly off and I think what I don't like about it is the shade of grey. I think it's much too bright for a grey pet. It almost looks like it could be a consistently sad silver skeith.

Take it a few shades darker and I think it helps the situation a bit.

ImageImage

And let me just *squee* Neocolours!!!! How long has it been back? I was so sad when it disappeared!!
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Eww. o_o Grey is gross and too droopy. And ... his hands in ... well, most of the poses, are really big and stretched out. Maybe that's just me. Also, it seems to be very overly... large. Like maybe he could stand to not eat so many Old Right Boots, if you know what I mean. Overall, the anatomy bothers me and it's just ugly ;o; Could have been so much better.

Pink is pink. Not that bad of a shade of it, too.
<3